Faculty Profile for Dr. Wade Michael Hindes
Biography and EducationWade Hindes, an Assistant Professor at Texas State, received his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Brown University in 2015. After completing his Ph.D., Dr. Hindes was a postdoctoral fellow at the CUNY Graduate Center. His research interests are in number theory, specifically, arithmetic geometry and arithmetic dynamics.
Research InterestsArithmetic Dynamics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Hindes, W. M. (2022). Counting points of bounded height in monoid orbits. Mathematische Zeitschrift, 301, 3395–3416.
- Hindes, W. M., Carney, A., & Tucker, T. (n.d.). Isotriviality, integral points, and primitive primes in orbits in characteristic p. Algebra and Number Theory.
- Hindes, W. M. (2021). Dynamical height growth: left, right, and total orbits. Pacific Journal of Mathematics, 311, 329–367.
- Hindes, W. M., & Jones, R. (2019). Riccati equations and polynomial dynamics over function fields. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 323, 1555–1575.
- Hindes, W. M. (2018). Average Zsigmondy sets, dynamical Galois groups, and the Kodaira-Spencer map. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 370(9), 6391–6410.
- Award / Honor Recipient: MSRI membership. January 2022 - May 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental Award For Research Excellence, Texas State. December 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental Award for Teaching Excellence. December 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate student teaching award, Brown University. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mathematics Merit Prize, University of Michigan. 2010
- Hindes, Wade Michael. Texas State Library New Faculty Startup Fund, Texas State University, $1000. (Funded: 2019 - April 2019). Grant.
- Hindes, Wade Michael. Research Enhancement Program (REP): Stochastic Canonical Heights, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2018, Funded: January 2019 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Mathematics Department Colloquium Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Math Grad Expo Committee
September 2018-June 2020
Teaching Forum Leader, Linear Algebra