Faculty Profile for Dr. Cecil Richard Compeau Jr.
Research InterestsEDUCATIONAL RESEARCH
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM: Course Conflict & Program Complexity Simulation (in progress)
University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM: NSF-TUES Grant participant comparing online to classroom performance, 2011
Wilson Classical High School, Long Beach, CA: Learning environment surveys to develop new teacher skills, 2003
California State University Long Beach, CA: System model of special education referral, 2002
Doctoral Dissertation, UNM in conjunction with the Air Force Research Laboratory: An Ultrawideband Dual-Linear Polarization Feed for Solar Microwave Observation, 2010-2014
Master’s Thesis, MIT: Hydrogen permeation in amorphous metals, 1976-1978
Bachelor’s Thesis, MIT: Correlation between hydride texture and crystallographic orientation in Zircaloy-2 tubing, 1975-1976
Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, MIT: Drive shaft failure analysis, 1975 – 1976
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Compeau, R., & Talley, A. B. (2022). (Wave) Guiding EE’s Out Of The Capstone Box.
- Talley, A. B., & Compeau, C. R. (2020). Work in Progress: Senior design day during a pandemic: virtually the same as in person?
- Compeau, C. R., Talley, A. B., & Tran, P. Q. (2019). Active Learning in Electrical Engineering: Measuring the Difference. Retrieved from https://www.asee.org/public/conferences/140/papers/25101/view
- Compeau, C. R., & Talley, A. B. (2019). Work In Progress: Is Our Capstone Mentorship Model Working?
- Talley, A., & Compeau, C. R. (2018). Senior Design Day – Multi-discipline and Multi-department Capstone Presentation Event. New Braunfels, United States.
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2014-2015 Lecturer or Affiliated Teacher of the Year Award, UNM. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Class Act, Teaching lessons out of school. May 20, 2008
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Teaching, AP Physics, College Board. 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teacher Appreciation Award, La Cueva Parent Association. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teacher Appreciation Award, La Cueva Parent Association. 2005
- Compeau, Cecil Richard (Principal). Radiation-Tolerant GPU Architecture Investigation, NASA-TSGC, Federal, $1200. (Funded: December 2022). Grant.
- Compeau, Cecil Richard. Dual-Use Wideband Microphone Array System, NASA TSGC, Federal, $1200. (Submitted: August 16, 2021, Funded: September 17, 2021 - May 3, 2022). Grant.
- Compeau, Cecil Richard (Principal). Dual-Use Wideband Microphone Array System, NASA/TSGC, Federal, $1000. (Submitted: August 2020, Funded: September 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
- Compeau, Cecil Richard (Principal). Intelligent Lighting Control System, NASA & Texas Space Grant Consortium, Federal, $2000. (Submitted: August 2019, Funded: December 2019 - May 2020). Grant.
- Compeau, Cecil Richard (Principal). Use of Sonification for Spacecraft Situational Awareness, NASA - Texas Space Grant Consortium,, Federal, $2000. (Submitted: August 2019, Funded: December 2019 - May 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
National Society of Black Engineers
Academic Program Coordinator
Bobcat Amateur Radio Club
Annual Review Committee