Faculty Profile for Dr. Prisca Sibongile Ngondo
Biography and EducationNgondo’s research interests are in strategic communication and international public relations. Her main focus is bridging the gap between strategic communication research and practice. Her research has been published in the Public Relations Journal, Public Relations Review and Journal of Media and Communication. Ngondo continues to participate in several national and international conferences such as AEJMC, NCA and IPRCC, where she has received top paper awards.
Ngondo earned a Ph.D. in Mass Communications from Texas Tech University, a M.A. from The University of Oklahoma and a B.S. from the University of South Dakota.
Teaching InterestsStrategic Communication, Health Communication, Social Media
Research InterestsPublic Relations, Digital Media, Health Communication
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Bauer, J., & Ngondo, P. S. (2022). Moms, Memes, and Mitigating Pandemic Stress: Exploring Themes and Implications in an Academic Mamas’ Facebook Group. Women’s Studies in Communication, 45(1), 45–69.
- Ngondo, P. S., & Klyueva, A. (2020). Exploratory Study of Public Relations Roles in Zimbabwe. Public Relations Review.
- Ngondo, P. S. (2019). An Exploratory Study: Digital and Social Media Use by Zimbabwean Public Relations Practitioners. Public Relations Journal.
- Craig, C. M., Ngondo, P. S., Devlin, M. B., & Scharlach, J. M. (2019). Escaping the Routine: Unlocking Group Intervention. Communication Teacher, 34(1), 14–18.
- Ngondo, P. S., & Klyueva, A. (2023). Inviting An Ubuntu-based Approach to Public Relations Theory Building in Sub-Saharan Africa. In Public Relations Theory III. Routledge.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Top Paper, National Communication Association Public Relations Division. November 2022 - Present
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence Awards for Scholarly/Creative, School of Journalism and Mass Communication. December 2021 - 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Top Papers in Public Relations, National Communication Association Public Relations Division. November 18, 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence Awards for Scholarly/Creative - Presidential Distinction Award, College of Fine Arts and Communication. February 2022 - August 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Excellence Awards for Scholarly/Creative - College Achievement Award, College of Fine Arts and Communication. August 2020 - 2020
- Farris, Kristen Nacole LeBlanc (Principal), Burns, Michael Edward (Co-Principal), Paz, Mark A (Supporting), Ngondo, Prisca (Supporting). TEDx Texas State University, Common Experience, Texas State University, $1000. (Submitted: September 2022, Funded: September 2022 - Present). Grant.
- Scharlach, Jennifer M (Principal), Ngondo, Prisca Sibongile (Co-Principal), Higgins Joyce, Vanessa D (Co-Principal). Health Research Accelerator award, Translational Health Research Center, Texas State University, $6000. (Funded: June 2021 - May 2023). Grant.
- Scharlach, Jennifer (Co-Principal), Ngondo, Prisca Sibongile (Co-Principal), Higgins Joyce, Vanessa (Co-Principal). COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy Study, The Texas Association for Mexican American Chamber of Commerce, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1000. (Funded: January 2022 - Present). Grant.
- Ngondo, Prisca S (Principal). Bridging the Continental Divide: Exploring Public Relations Practices in a Developing Nation, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: January 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Social Media Director
PR Search Committee
TEDx at Texas State University
Editorial Review Board Member
Communicare - Journal for Communication Studies in Southern Africa
Reviewer / Referee
The Broadcast Education Association