Faculty Profile for Dr. Jennifer Stob
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Stob, J. F. (n.d.). Varda’s Formalist Feminism. In The Sustainable Legacy of Agnès Varda: Feminist Practice and Pedagogy in Cinema and Visual Arts (pp. 15–28). New York, NY, USA: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Stob, J. F. (2019, September). Agnès Varda (1928-2019). Texte Zur Kunst, (115), 242–246. Retrieved from https://www.textezurkunst.de/115/
- Stob, J. F. (2019). In the Dark: Cinema as Spectacle’s “Privileged Figure.” Contours Journal, 9(1), 1–17. Retrieved from http://www.sfu.ca/humanities-institute/contours.html
- Stob, J. F. (n.d.). Female Material: “Invisible Adversaries” and the Intermedial. In I. Margulies & J. Szaniawski (Eds.), On Women’s Films: Across Generations and the World. New York, USA: Bloomsbury Academic.
- Stob, J. F. (2018). “Unreconciled Social Spaces.” Docalogue. Retrieved from https://docalogue.com/october-faces-places/
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award in University Service, College of Fine Arts and Communication. February 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Excellence Award in Service, Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Assistant Professor. December 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award. March 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi National Honors Society Favorite Professor Award. May 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean of Faculty Discretionary Fund, funding of the March 2, 2013 interdisciplinary symposium, "The Black and Blue Danube." Colgate University. May 1, 2012
- Stob, Jennifer Fisher. Research Enhancement Program Award, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: January 2017 - June 2018). Grant.
- Stob, Jennifer (Principal). Electronic Media and Film Screening Grant, funding for Alternative Cinema Film Series programming, 2012-2013, New York State Council on the Arts, State. (Submitted: December 1, 2012). Grant.
- Stob, Jennifer (Principal). Grant for Central New York Humanities Corridor, funding for scholarly events associated with the March 2, 2013 interdisciplinary symposium, å"The Black and Blue Danube.å", Mellon Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate. (Submitted: September 1, 2012). Grant.
- Stob, Jennifer (Principal). Paul Mellon Travel Grant, research funding for travel to the United Kingdom, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, Connecticut, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: May 1, 2007, Funded: May 1, 2007 - June 1, 2007). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Texas State Galleries FLEX Committee
Diversity Committee, School of Art and Design
Experimental Response Cinema
Early Modern Art Historian Search Committee
September 1, 2019-June 1, 2020