Faculty Profile for Dr. Paige Haber-Curran
Dr. Paige Haber-Curran
Professor — Conslng, Ldrship, Adlt Educ & Schl Psych
phone: (512) 245-7628
Biography and EducationPh.D., Leadership Studies, University of San Diego, 2011
M.A., College Student Personnel, University of Maryland, 2006
B.S.B.A., Business Management, University of Arizona, 2004
B.A., German Studies, University of Arizona, 2004
Research InterestsLeadership Development
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Haber-Curran, P. (2019). Co-curricular involvement and student leadership as catalysts for student learning. New Directions for Higher Education, 188, 33–41. https://doi.org/10.1002/he.20343
- Haber-Curran, P., Miguel, R. F., Shankman, M. L., & Allen, S. J. (2018). College women’s leadership self efficacy: An examination through the framework of emotionally intelligent leadership. NASPA Journal About Women in Higher Education, 11(3), 297–312.
- Tillapaugh, D. W., & Haber-Curran, P. (Eds.). (2017). Critical perspectives on gender and student leadership. (New Directions for Student Leadership, Vol. 154). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Storberg-Walker, J., & Haber-Curran, P. (Eds.). (2017). Theorizing women and leadership: New insights and contributions from multiple perspectives. (Women and leadership: Research, theory and practice, Vol. 5). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Haber-Curran, P., & Tillapaugh, D. W. (2015). Student-centered transformative learning in leadership education: An examination of the teaching and learning process. Journal of Transformative Education, 13, 65–84. https://doi.org/10.1177/1541344614559947
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Outstanding Scholarship - Emerging Scholar, Women in Leadership Affinity Group, International Leadership Association. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Seminar Award, Texas State University. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Emerging Scholar, ACPA: College Student Educators International. 2013
- Haber-Curran, Paige. Developing and examining emotionally intelligent leadership in Austrian business administration graduate education, Core Fulbright Scholar Award, Council for International Exchange of Scholars, $23569.62. (Funded: March 2018 - June 2018). Grant.
- Haber-Curran, Paige (Principal), Dean, Shannon (Principal). Teaching Pedagogy: Creativity, inclusion, and engagement, College of Education Research Enhancement Program Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $16000. (Funded: March 2015 - March 2016). Grant.
- Haber-Curran, Paige (Principal). Latino/a student leadership as Hispanic-serving institutions: An examination of leadership styles, influences, challenges, successes, and perceptions of leadership, College of Education Research Enhancement Program Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $8000. (Funded: March 2012 - March 2013). Grant.
- Haber-Curran, Paige (Principal). Mac and Lucille McEwen Research Grant, University of Maryland, Institutional (Higher Ed), $300. (Funded: 2006). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Program Coordinator and Graduate Advisor
Student Affairs in Higher Education Master's Program, Texas State University
Executive Leadership Team, Women's Leadership Affinity Group, International Leadership Association (ILA)
National Leadership Symposium
Search Committee for Director of Inclusive Postsecondary Education Program
Reviewer / Referee
Gender in Management