Faculty Profile for Vicki L West
Biography and EducationActive at the local, regional, and national levels, Vicki West currently teaches Professional Selling and serves as the Director of the Center for Professional Sales. The Center is a fully accredited member of the University Sales Center Alliance, one of only 35 fully accredited sales center in the world. Since 2003, she has annually coached winning professional sales teams at the National Collegiate Sales Competition & other private competitions. The sales teams hold multiple undergraduate and graduate division national titles in sales role playing, team selling, maintenance calls, and speed selling.
For 23 years, she taught Studies in Free Enterprise and coached the SIFE/Enactus free enterprise team. She has served on the free enterprise advisory board at the national level, and she and the team have been featured in USA Today and Entrepreneur Magazine. The team ranked in the Top 20 teams in the United States for 18 out of 23 years, serving as the USA national champion in 2000, 2011, and 2014. The team was named World Champion in 2000. As the USA national champion, the free enterprise teams represented the USA in both Malaysia in 2011 and in China in 2014.
Teaching InterestsProfessional Selling and Free Enterprise
Research InterestsSales, including coaching, writing, making corporate presentations, disruptions in the sales cycle caused by new technology, and following sales trends. Free enterprise areas of interest continue to include the worldwide markets, profitability, and investments.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- West, V. L. (2016). Selling: Building Partnerships [Review of Selling: Building Partnerships, by Castleberry & Tanner]. McGraw Hill.
- Badrinarayanan, V., Dixon, A., West, V., & Zank, G. (2015). Professional Sales Coaching: An Integrative Review and Research Agenda. European Journal of Marketing, 49(7/8), 1087–1113.
- West, V. L. (2014). 2014 Contributed to three chapters in Selling: Building Partnerships.
- West, V. (2014). Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching. Merlot, Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching.
- Agnihotri, R., Bonney, L., Dixon, A. L., Erffmeyer, R., Pullins, E. B., Sojka, J. Z., & West, V. (2014). Attracting Talent from University Sales Programs to Grow Your Real Estate Agency. Keller Center for Research Report, 7(2), 5. Retrieved from http://www.baylor.edu/business/kellercenter/news.php?action=story&story=142982
- Award / Honor Recipient: Paul R. Gowens Excellence in Business Administration Endowed Professorship. 2015 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Professor - McCoy College of Business, McCoy College - Advisory Board. August 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2014 U.S.A. National Champion, Enactus. May 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Undergraduate National Champion, National Collegiate Sales Competition. April 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sam Walton Fellow International Award, Students in Free Enterprise. 2002
- West, Vicki L. RGK Foundation, $309662. (Funded: 2007). Grant.
- West, Vicki (Principal). 3M Frontline Program - Sales Labs, 3M, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $75000. (Funded: 2017). Grant.
- West, Vicki. Students in Free Enterprise (Enactus) Grant, 3M, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $8000. (Funded: January 2017 - Present). Grant.
- West, Vicki L. Free enterprise room, Family Foundation, $25000. (Funded: 2016). Grant.
- West, Vicki. Mobile Sales Labs, Liberty Mutual, Local, $50000. (Submitted: 2011, Funded: 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Center for Professional Sales/Director/Re-accreditation of Center
May 2020-November 2020
Center for Professional Selling
P-Card Online Training
3M Annual Internship Presentation
Attended National Conference - Corporate Partner