Faculty Profile for Dr. Jana Roberta Minifie
Dr. Jana Roberta Minifie
Professor — Department of Management
phone: (512) 245-2571
Biography and EducationDirector, Service-Learning Excellence Program, Fall 2015-2022
Coordinator, I-Corps: Innovation Accelerator Program, Fall 2018 - Present
•Business Plan Development
•Business Plan Implementation
•Small Business Marketing
Research Interests• Small Business
* Health Care E-Marketing
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Luo, X., Gong, H., Tao, J., Wang, F., Minifie, J. R., & Qiu, X. (2022). Improving Data Quality of Automated Pavement Condition Data Collection: Summary of State of the Practices of Transportation Agencies and Views of Professionals. Journal of Transportation Engineeirng Part B: Pavements, 148(3).
- Minifie, J. R., & Park, H. (2021). CH 54: Service-Learning Volunteerism Reboot: A Case Study of a Funded Community-Engaged Scholarship. In Preparing Students for Community-Engaged Scholarship in Higher Education (pp. 1010–1034). USA: IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-6684-3877-0.ch054
- Irvin, J. A., Minifie, J. R., Runsewe, D. O., & Thompson, W. G. (2021). Best Practices of Small Business Development Centers with Host Institutions. Small Business Institute Journal, 17(1). https://doi.org/10.53703/001c.28167
- Minifie, J. R., Davis, P. E., Richmond, P. A., & Daugherty, G. (2021). Online Entrepreneurial Training Materials.
- Minifie, J. R., & Park, H. (2020). CH 11: Service-Learning Volunteerism Reboot: A Case Study of a Funded Community-Engaged Scholarship. In Preparing Students for Community-Engaged Scholarship in Higher Education. USA: IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-7998-2208-0
- Award / Honor Recipient: Barshop Excellence Professor In Entrepreneurship, McCoy Foundation. January 2016 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper, SBDC Track, Small Business Institute. February 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: President's Excellence in Service, McCoy College of Business. August 27, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Practice SBDC Award Presentation, Small Business Institute. February 13, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. March 24, 2014
- Wang, Feng (Principal), Luo, Xiaohua (Co-Principal), Minifie, Jana Roberta (Co-Principal), Gong, Haitao (Supporting), Tao, Jueqiang (Supporting). StarImage: cost-effectiveness improved automated pavement condition survey system, NSF, Federal, $50000. (Submitted: August 27, 2020, Funded: January 2021 - March 2023). Grant.
- Minifie, Jana Roberta (Principal), Zhao, Jeffrey Yefeng (Co-Principal). Women's Entrepreneurship Boot Camps, Texas Workforce Commission, State, $55306. (Funded: July 2019 - December 31, 2020). Grant.
- Irvin, Jennifer A (Principal), Minifie, Jana Roberta (Co-Principal). Texas State University I-Corps Site for Entrepreneurship (Supplement 2), National Science Foundation, Federal, $50820. (Submitted: May 7, 2021, Funded: July 14, 2021 - April 30, 2023). Grant.
- Minifie, Jana Roberta. Business Plan Development Workshops, Workforce Solutions Rural Capital Area, State, $50000. (Funded: January 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Irvin, Jennifer A (Principal), Minifie, Jana Roberta (Co-Principal). Type I: Texas State I-Corps Site for Entrepreneurship, National Science Foundation, Federal, $254107. (Submitted: February 8, 2018, Funded: October 1, 2018 - April 30, 2023). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Women's Entrepreneurship Week
September 2017-December 2020
Women in Business
National Society of Leadership and Success
VP Research & Publications
Small Business Institute