Faculty Profile for Dr. Francis A Mendez
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Kim, J., Mendez, F. A., & Jimenez, J. (2020). Storage location assignment heuristics based on slot selection and frequent itemset grouping for large distribution centers. IEEE Access, 8, 189025–189035. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2020.3031585
- Wierschem, D. C., Jimenez, J. A., & Mendez, F. A. (2020). A Motion Capture System for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. Retrieved from McCoy College
- Sharotry, A., Jimenez, J. A., Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., Rolfe, R. M., & Valles Molina, D. (n.d.). Manufacturing Operator Ergonomics: A Conceptual Digital Twin Approach to Detect Biomechanical Fatigue. IEEE Access.
- Mendez, F. A., Wierschem, D. C., & Jimenez, J. (2018). A Motion Capture System Framework for the Study of Human Manufacturing Repetitive Motions. In Digital Commons@Georgia Southern (pp. 1–8). Georgia Southern University. Retrieved from https://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/pmhr_2018/25
- Kothamasu, M., Perez, E., & Mendez, F. A. (n.d.). Modeling and Simulation of Food Bank Disaster Relief Operations.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean Paul R. Gowens Excellence Professorship in Business Administration, McCoy College of Business Administration. January 2019 - January 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2019 Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, McCoy College of Business. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National College Honor Society. January 2018 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award, Texas State University. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 1 ST Place Excellence in the Student Poster Competition at the 2022 Conference on Statistical Practice, American Statistical Association. February 2022
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Biediger-Friedman, Lesli M (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Villagran, Melinda Morris (Co-Principal), Renick, Cecil O (Co-Principal), Mileski, Michael (Supporting), Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo H (Supporting), Sen, Keya (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Supporting), Charles, Joni S J (Supporting), Perez, Eduardo (Supporting), Shanmugam, Ram (Supporting), Stigler Granados, Paula Elaine (Supporting), Hwang, Sangchul Scott (Supporting). Nutrition for Underserved Elderly via Application (NUEVA), DHHS (Administration for Community Living, acl.gov), Federal, $3000000. (Submitted: March 10, 2022, Funded: August 2022 - August 2027). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal). Accelerating Credentials Planning Grant, THECB, State, $50000. (Funded: July 2022 - September 2022). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Villagran, Melinda Morris (Co-Principal), , Bing Zhou (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Ekin, Tahir (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Konur, Dincer (Supporting), Alanis, Emmanuel (Supporting), Zihagh, Fereshteh (Supporting), Dong, Zhijie (Co-Principal), Shen, Xiaoxi (Supporting), De Nadai, Alessandro Stevens (Supporting), Zhu, Ye (Co-Principal), Hewitt, Barbara A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Supporting), White, Alexander (Supporting), Dolezel, Diane M (Supporting), Ioudina, Vera (Supporting), Islam, Tanzima Z (Supporting), Lee, Chul Ho (Supporting), Metsis, Vangelis (Supporting), Moradi, Masoud (Supporting), Gao, Ju (Supporting), Li-Jen, Lester (Supporting), Jones, Dustin (Supporting), Pham, Vung (Supporting), Holt, Melinda (Supporting), Kyung An, Min (Supporting), Islam, ABM (Supporting), Cho, Hyuk (Supporting), Liu, Quigzhoung (Supporting), Liang, Fan (Supporting), Topinka, Joseph Baar (Supporting). The Accelerating Credentials of Purpose and Value for the Texas Innovation Corridor (TIC) Consortium Grant, THECB, State, $1450000. (Submitted: November 2021, Funded: February 2022 - October 2022). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus, Mendez, Francis A, Perez, Eduardo, Wright, Robert L (Supporting). Exploratory Analysis and Quality Assurance to Support Texas State Use Program Administration, Texas Workforce Commission, State, $197752. (Submitted: November 2019, Funded: September 28, 2020 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Jimenez, Jesus (Principal), Aslan, Semih (Co-Principal), Koutitas, Georgios (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Co-Principal), Wierschem, David C (Co-Principal). Using Industry 4.0 Digital Twins to Model Human Labor in Smart Material Handling Systems, Toyota Material Handling, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $197411.11. (Submitted: December 14, 2018, Funded: August 14, 2019 - August 13, 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
A product quality control project for the Texas Workforce Commission, Purchasing from People with Disabilities Program
MS Accounting and Information Technology
College Review Committee
CIS & QM Department Curriculum Committee
QMST 2333 Course coordinator