Faculty Profile for Dr. Jackson David Rebrovich
Biography and EducationI have a Ph.D. from Baylor University that I graduated with in August 2021. I am a native Texan from Burleson with roots in Waco and completed my undergraduate education at Angelo State University in 2016 with Highest Honors from the Honors Program. In my spare time, I enjoy tennis, volleyball, video games, and serving my community however I can.
I enjoy math because it is like a puzzle. Every step in math is logical and has a reason, figuring out math is like solving a puzzle: finding which pieces go where until everything makes sense and comes together to make a beautiful picture that transcends age, language, and background.
Teaching InterestsI am highly interested in Mathematics Education, particularly concerning the education gap of high and low performing Freshman and addressing equity in the classroom and outside it.
Research InterestsI am interested in classical Abstract Algebra, specifically automorphisms of certain incidence algebras over large posets.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Dugas, M., Herden, D., & Rebrovich, J. D. (2021). Reduced finitary incidence algebras and their automorphisms. International Journal of Algebra and Computation, 1–30. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1142/S0218196722500047
- Dugas, M., Herden, & Rebrovich, J. D. (2020). Indecomposable ideals of finitary incidence algebras.
- Dugas, M., Herden, D., & Rebrovich, J. D. (2019). Normal Subgroups of the group of units of incidence algebras.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Math Department Faculty Excellence Award for Teaching. November 14, 2022
- Award / Honor Nominee: Math Department Faculty Excellence Award for Service. November 4, 2022
- Award / Honor Nominee: Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, Baylor Graduate School. January 2020 - May 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Outstanding Mathematics Graduate Teaching Award, Baylor Mathematics Department. January 2019 - May 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Mentored Student Research Grant, Angelo State University. September 2015 - May 2016
Selected Service Activities
MATH 1300/1316 Forum Leader
MATH 1316 Forum Leader
MATH 2417 Course Improvements
February 1, 2022-Present
MATH 2417 Teaching Forum
Math Cats Tutoring
January 15, 2022-Present