Faculty Profile for Dr. Xiaoxi Shen
Research InterestsStatistical genetics; Mixed models; Statistical learning and Empirical processes
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Shen, X., Jiang, C., Sakhanenko, L., & Lu, Q. (2023). Asymptotic Properties of Neural Network Sieve Estimators. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics. https://doi.org/10.1080/10485252.2023.2209218
- Shen, X., Jiang, C., & Lu, Q. (2021). [Review of A Goodness-of-fit Test Based on Neural Network Sieve Estimators, by L. Sakhanenko]. Statistics and Probability Letters, 174, 109100. Retrieved from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167715221000626?casa_token=FCmoMuwqhlAAAAAA:E_TcS_m1IiZt5kSZB1PCoLeFTvDJ0RukcvGodCkqMe2PZGw_Ami3PBkt4zjw86yfzFj0bO8Mqg
- Tang, M., Hou, T., Tong, X., Shen, X., Zhang, X., Wang, T., & Lu, Q. (2022). Fast heritability estimation based on MINQUE and batch training. Briefings in Bioinformatics, 23(3). Retrieved from https://academic.oup.com/bib/article/23/3/bbac115/6563939
- Shen, X., Jiang, C., Wen, Y., Li, C., & Lu, Q. (2022). A Brief Review on Deep Learning Applications in Genomic Studies. Frontieres in Systems Biology. Retrieved from https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fsysb.2022.877717/full
- Shen, X., Wen, Y., & Lu, Q. (2021). [Review of A Conditional Autoregressive Model for Genetic Association Analysis Accounting for Genetic Heterogeneity, by Y. Cui]. Statistics in Medicine. Retrieved from https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/sim.9257
- Award / Honor Recipient: New Faculty Collection Grant Funds, $1011.25. October 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2022 Outstanding Review Editor, Editorial Office of Frontiers in Systems Biology. October 3, 2022 - Present
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Villagran, Melinda Morris (Co-Principal), , Bing Zhou (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Ekin, Tahir (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Konur, Dincer (Supporting), Alanis, Emmanuel (Supporting), Zihagh, Fereshteh (Supporting), Dong, Zhijie (Co-Principal), Shen, Xiaoxi (Supporting), De Nadai, Alessandro Stevens (Supporting), Zhu, Ye (Co-Principal), Hewitt, Barbara A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Supporting), White, Alexander (Supporting), Dolezel, Diane M (Supporting), Ioudina, Vera (Supporting), Islam, Tanzima Z (Supporting), Lee, Chul Ho (Supporting), Metsis, Vangelis (Supporting), Moradi, Masoud (Supporting), Gao, Ju (Supporting), Li-Jen, Lester (Supporting), Jones, Dustin (Supporting), Pham, Vung (Supporting), Holt, Melinda (Supporting), Kyung An, Min (Supporting), Islam, ABM (Supporting), Cho, Hyuk (Supporting), Liu, Quigzhoung (Supporting), Liang, Fan (Supporting), Topinka, Joseph Baar (Supporting). The Accelerating Credentials of Purpose and Value for the Texas Innovation Corridor (TIC) Consortium Grant, THECB, State, $1450000. (Submitted: November 2021, Funded: February 2022 - October 2022). Grant.
- Shen, Xiaoxi. Interpretation of Deep Neural Networks from a Statistical Aspect with Application to Identify Alzheimer’s Disease Related Genes, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: January 2022 - May 2023). Grant.
- Zhu, Jie (Principal), Shen, Xiaoxi (Co-Principal), Bishop, Nicholas Joseph (Co-Principal), Metsis, Vangelis (Co-Principal). Exploring Interaction of One-carbon Metabolism Nutrients Intakes and Genetic Susceptibility on Risk of Metabolic Syndrome among Multi-ethnic US Adults with Diverse Socio-demographic, Biomedical, and Lifestyle Characters, Texas State University Multidisciplinary Internal Research Grant, Texas State University, $12000. (Funded: August 24, 2022 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Statistics and Probability Letters
Numerical Methods for Data Science and Engineering
Statistics Teaching Forum