Faculty Profile for Dr. Christopher Dayley
Biography and EducationPrior to coming to Texas State, Chris worked for 13 years in student affairs. He worked for 4 years in admissions at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. He also worked for 9 years at Utah State University in distance education, student involvement, and as the testing center manager. Chris holds a bachelor's degree in social work and a master's degree in educational leadership from the University of Nevada Las Vegas. He earned his PhD in technical communication and rhetoric from Utah State Univesity.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Dayley, C. (2022). Developing an Ethical Framework for College Recruitment Materials. Communication Design Quarterly, 10(1), 38–50.
- Dayley, C. (2021). Combatting Embedded Racism in TPC Academic Programs: Recruiting for Diversity Using Student-Informed Practices. Programmatic Perspectives.
- Dayley, C. (2023). Increasing inclusion in technical communication academic programs.
- Dayley, C. (2023). Increasing Inclusion in Technical Communication Academic Programs. Technical Communication, 70(1), 41–53.
- Dayley, C. (n.d.). How marginalized students persist in TPC academic programs.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Programmatic Perspectives Research Article Award, Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication. August 19, 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: , Association of Teachers of Technical Writing. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: , ACM SIGDOC. 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: , Utah State University Department of English. 2016