Faculty Profile for Dr. Anahita Emami
Biography and EducationDr. Anahita Emami joined Texas State University as an Assistant Professor in fall 2020. She received her Ph.D. degree in Engineering Mechanics from Virginia Tech in 2018. She holds master’s and bachelor's degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the Purdue School of Engineering at IUPUI and the University of Teheran. Before joining Texas State University as a full-time faculty, Dr. Emami worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Texas at Austin.
Teaching InterestsStatics, Mechanics of Materials, Mechanical Design, Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Finite Element Analysis, Continuum Mechanics, Stress Analysis in Composite Materials, Theory of Elasticity, Mechanics of Viscoelastic Materials, Optimization Methods in Engineering Design, Advanced Stress Analysis, Fracture Mechanics
Research InterestsMechanics of Advanced Materials including Multifunctional Polymer Nanocomposites and Architectured Materials
Application of Artificial Intelligence in Solid Mechanics and Engineering Design
Multiphysics Finite Element Modeling
Advanced Manufacturing Process Optimization
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Muci-Kuchler, K. H., Emami, A., & Jmenez, J. (2022). Selection of Industry 4.0 Competencies for Implementation in a New Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program. In Proceedings of the 2022 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (IMECE 2022), Columbus, Ohio, October 30 to November 3, 2022. ASME Paper IMECE2022-94456.
- Emami, A., Sah, H. N., Auguayo, F. M., & Khaleghian, S. (2023). Experimental investigations and empirical modeling of rubber wear on concrete pavement. Journal of Engineering Tribology, 237(1).
- Heathman, N., Koirala, P., Yap, T., Emami, A., & Tehrani, M. (2023). In situ Consolidation of Carbon Fiber PAEK via Laser-Assisted Automated Fiber Placement. Composites Part B: Engineering, 249.
- Meli, G., Banks, J. D., Chowdhury, H., & Emami, A. (2022). Additive Manufacturing and Mechanical Characterization of Hybrid Lattice Structures for Stretchability Enhancement.
- Khan, M. J. I., Khaleghian, S., & Emami, A. (2022). Design of a Versatile Slip Resistance Tester Mimicking Foot Kinematics and Kinetics During Human Slip.
- Faroughi, Salah Aldin (Principal), Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Co-Principal), Emami, Anahita (Co-Principal). Infrastructure Assessment for Technology Innovation, Development and Training in Carbon Management, DOE-FECM, Federal, $240000. (Funded: November 2022 - December 2023). Grant.
- Ameri, Farhad, Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Co-Principal), Tate, Jitendra S (Supporting), Trueba, Luis (Supporting), You, Byoung Hee (Supporting), Song, In-Hyouk (Supporting), Jimenez, Jesus (Supporting), Chen, Heping (Supporting), Emami, Anahita (Supporting). REU Site: Multidisciplinary Research Experience in Advance Manufacturing for Undergraduates, National Science Foundation (NSF), Federal, $396737. (Funded: May 1, 2021 - August 1, 2024). Grant.
- Muci-Kuchler, Karim Heinz (Principal), Emami, Anahita (Co-Principal), Bedillion, Mark D. (Co-Principal), Lovett, Marsha C. (Co-Principal), Birrenkott, Cassandra M. (Co-Principal), Lande, Micah J. (Co-Principal), Pottmeyer, Laura O. (Co-Principal). A Flipped Classroom Strategy to Teach Systems Thinking to Engineering Students, Department of Navy (DON) Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM), Education and Workforce Program administered by the Office of Naval Research (ONR), Federal, $592121. (Submitted: September 2, 2022, Funded: June 1, 2023 - May 31, 2026). Grant.
- Emami, Anahita (Principal). Smart 3D-Printed Shoe Insole for Slip and Fall Risk Prediction, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2022, Funded: January 17, 2023 - May 31, 2024). Grant.
- Khaleghian, Seyedmeysam (Principal), Emami, Anahita (Co-Principal), Faroughi, Salah A. (Co-Principal), Anderson, Ryan G. (Co-Principal). USDA HSI: Smart Farm Program, NIFA USDA, Federal, $270119. (Submitted: January 2022, Funded: August 2022 - July 2026). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
ISoE Scholarship Committee
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Student Chapter
New Mechanical Engineering Program Development
Society of Women Engineers