Faculty Profile for Caitlin Elizabeth Turnage
Caitlin Elizabeth Turnage
Lecturer — Department of Theatre & Dance
phone: (512) 245-2147
Biography and EducationCaitlin Turnage holds a B.F.A in Playwriting and Dramaturgy from the University of Houston and an M.F.A. in Theatre from Texas State University. She's a co-founder of Ignition Theatre Productions a student run group operating out of the University of Houston. Her play "It's a fine day for a picnic" was featured in the first ever University of Houston ten-minute play fest. She was named as a National Finalist for the Gary Garrison National Ten Minute Play Contest for her play "Jigsaw Cactus" which was read in Washington D.C. as part of the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival. The play also went to L.A. where it was performed as part of Scribe Stages "Motel Plays: Lost and Found". Caitlin's one-act play "Routine" was named a National Semi-Finalist of the John Cauble One- Act contest, her one-act "In a Darkroom, The Lord Knows" was named the recipient of the National John Cauble Short Play award. Caitlin was a finalist for the 42nd annual Samuel French Off Off Broadway festival, and a NPDW ATHE participant with her play “The Holes in Human Flesh”. She's a past attendee of the Dorsett Theatre Writer's retreat in partnership with Theresa Rebeck and the Lark. Her play "What We Scream Underwater When No One Can Hear Us" was a 2019 O'Neill semi-finalist and produced by Renegade Productions in Lubbock TX.
Teaching InterestsPlaywriting, Dramaturgy, Script Analysis
Research InterestsWomen in Theatre, Religion in Theatre, Gender Studies in Theatre
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Warmth. 2021.
- Lie To Me.
- Reflections Series. 2021 Zoom.
- What We Scream Underwater When No-one Can Hear Us.
- What We Scream Underwater When No one Can Hear Us. February 22, 2019 - February 25, 2019 Theatre Center, Studio Theatre.
- Reviewed by: Addison McKissack.
- Writer, What We Scream Underwater When No One Can Hear Us.
January 2019 - February 2019.
- Production. January 2019 - February 2019 Texas State Studio Theatre, Texas State University.
- Production. July 2019 - August 2019 Renegade Productions, Sun 'N' Fun Pool.
- (Invited) Reviewed by: Addison McKissack.
- (Invited) Reviewed by: Andronica Owens.
- Stone Pebble Girls.
- Production. January 2018 - February 2018 Studio 209, Texas State University.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Semi-Finalist for Screencraft Pilot Competition, ScreenCraft. March 2022 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Semi-Finalist for ScreenCraft Pilot competition "VOLANT", ScreenCraft. September 2021 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Inaugural 3 for the SoTex Playwrights Lab, Public Theatre San Antonio. October 2022 - May 2023
- Award / Honor Recipient: Finalist for Atlanta Screenplay Awards, Atlanta Screenplay Awards. January 2022 - June 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Last Frontier Theater Conference, Prince William Sound College. February 2022 - April 2022