Faculty Profile for Dr. Simon Lee
Biography and EducationPhD in English, University of California, Riverside
MA in English, University of California, Riverside
BA in English and World Literature / Art History, Pitzer College
Research InterestsPost-45 British Literature, Working-Class Culture, Critical Theory, Urbanism and Architecture
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Lee, S. (n.d.). The Intersection of Class, Race, and Space in British Post-War Writing: Kitchen Sink Aesthetics. London, UK: Bloomsbury.
- Lee, S. (n.d.). Addressing Stigma: Demonized Locales in Pat Barker’s Union Street. In Locating Classed Subjectivities: Space and Social Class in 19th, 20th, and 21st-century British Writing. New York and London, USA: Routledge.
- Lee, S. (2021). Internalizing Immiseration: Social Class and Mental Health in Contemporary British Fiction. In The Routledge Companion to Literature and Social Class (pp. 269–280). Routledge.
- Lee, S. (2020). Lit Grit: The Gritty and the Grim in British Working-Class Cultural Production. In The Routledge International Handbook of Working-Class Studies.
- Lee, S. (Ed.). (n.d.). Locating Classed Subjectivities: Intersections of Space and Working-Class Life in 19th, 20th, and 21st-century British Writing. New York, NY, USA: Routledge.