Faculty Profile for Dr. William Nelson Boney
Dr. William Nelson Boney
Assistant Professor — Mathematics
phone: (512) 245-5254
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Boney, W. N., Csima, B., Day, N., & Harrison-Trainor, M. (2023). Which classes of structures are both pseudo-elementary and deﬁnable by an inﬁnitary sentence? Bulletin of Symbolic Logic, 29(1), 1–18. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1017/bsl.2023.1
- Boney, W. N., & Souldatos, I. (2022). A Lower Bound for the Hanf Number for Joint Embedding. Fundamenta Mathematica, 258, 115–135. Retrieved from https://arxiv.org/abs/1808.03017
- Boney, W. N., & Lieberman, M. (2021). Tameness, Powerful Images, and Large Cardinals. Journal of Mathematical Logic, 21. Retrieved from https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/10.1142/S0219061320500245
- Boney, W. N. (2020). Model-Theoretic Characterizations of Large Cardinals. Israel Journal of Mathematics, 236, 133–181. Retrieved from https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11856-020-1971-6
- Boney, W. N. (2020). The Γ-ultraproduct and averageable classes. Journal of Applied Logics, 7, 459–498. Retrieved from http://www.collegepublications.co.uk/ifcolog/?00040
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department of Mathematics Research Award, Department of Mathematics. December 2022
- Award / Honor Nominee: Department of Mathematics Teaching Award, Department of Mathematics. December 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: AMS-Simons Travel Grant ($4,000). 2018 - 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor (shared), Texas State Alumni Associate. August 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Student Travel Award, Association for Symbolic Logic (8 grants totalling $8,933). 2010 - 2014
- Boney, William Nelson. AMS Epsilon Fund Grants for Young Scholars Programs (2021), American Mathematical Society, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $5000. (Submitted: October 15, 2021, Funded: May 2022 - July 2022). Grant.
- Boney, William Nelson. LEAPS-MPS: Fragments of Compactness, National Science Foundation, Federal, $170366. (Funded: September 15, 2021 - September 14, 2023). Grant.
- Boney, William Nelson. Online Resource Grant, Texas State University Library, Texas State University, $25833. (Submitted: January 29, 2019). Grant.
- Boney, William Nelson. AMS-Simons Travel Grant, American Mathematical Society, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $4000. (Funded: July 2018 - September 2022). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Calculus II Teaching Forum
Assistant Director for Research Projects, Texas Mathworks