Faculty Profile for Dr. Jessica Kathleen Perrotte
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Howard, J. T., Perrotte, J. K., Flores, K., Leong, C., Nocito III, J. D., & Howard, K. J. (2022). Recent trends in binge drinking and heavy alcohol consumption among pregnant women in the United States, 2011-2020. JAMA Network Open, 5(8), e2224846. https://doi.org/doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.24846 (R
- Perrotte, J. K., & Zamboanga, B. L. (2021). Traditional gender roles and alcohol use among Latina/os: A review of the literature. Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse, 20(1), 151–168. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/15332640.2019.1579142
- Perrotte, J. K., Piña-Watson, B., Baumann, M. R., Weston, R., Morissette, S. B., Gulliver, S. B., … Garza, R. T. (2021). Domains matter: A prospective investigation of traditional feminine gender roles and alcohol use among Latinas. Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse, Advanced Online Copy. https://doi.org/10.1080/15332640.2021.2011816
- Perrotte, J. K., Baumann, M. R., Garza, R. T., & Hale, W. J. (2020). The combined relations of gender, enculturation, and depressive symptoms with health risk behaviors in Mexican-Americans: A moderated mediation analysis. Ethnicity and Health, 25(1), 47–64. https://doi.org/10.1080/13557858.2017.1395813
- Perrotte, J. K., Bibriescas, N., Wainwright, K., Garza, R. T., & Baumann, M. R. (2020). A bidimensional examination of machismo in relation to risky sexual cognitions and behaviors among Latino college men. Journal of American College Health, 68(2), 115–118. https://doi.org/10.1080/07448481.2018.1538152
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Student Research Award, Society for Health Psychology, APA Division 38. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Student Poster Award, Society for Addiction Psychology, APA Division 50. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: University Life Award: Most Outstanding Graduate Student in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts, UTSA. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 1st place for Master’s students, UTSA College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) Annual Research Conference. 2015
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2nd place for Master’s students, UTSA College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) Annual Spring Research Conference. 2018
- Perrotte, Jessica Kathleen. Mamie Phipps Clark Diversity Research Grant, Psi Chi, Other, $1500. (Funded: December 1, 2018). Grant.
- Perrotte, Jessica Kathleen. American Psychological Association Dissertation Award, $1000. (Funded: December 1, 2017 - December 1, 2018). Grant.
- Perrotte, Jessica Kathleen. Problematic drinking among Latina/o college students: The role of enculturation and traditional gender roles, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Federal, $66996. (Funded: September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology
Diversity Committee, annual meeting of the Society of Addiction Psychology
#MeToo, a conversation about sexual harassment in academia; Student Psychology Association, Active Minds, UTSA
Graduate Student Representative
President’s Strategic Enrollment Task Force; Office of the President, UTSA
Reviewer / Referee