Faculty Profile for Dr. Jessica Kathleen Perrotte
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Howard, J., Perrotte, J. K., Grigsby, T., Leong, C., & Howard, K. J. (2023). All-cause and cause-specific mortality by race and ethnicity among pregnant and recently pregnant women in the United States, 2019-2020. JAMA Network Open, 6(1), e2253280. https://doi.org/DOI:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.53280.
- Ceballos, N. A., Perrotte, J. K., Sharma, S., Awofisayo, O., Callaway, D., Gordon, A., & Graham, R. (2023). Women who pregame: A study of stress and alcohol use in collegiate female pre-drinkers. Journal of American College Health. https://doi.org/10.1080/07448481.2023.2245499
- Howard, J. T., Perrotte, J. K., Flores, K., Leong, C., Nocito III, J. D., & Howard, K. J. (2022). Recent trends in binge drinking and heavy alcohol consumption among pregnant women in the United States, 2011-2020. JAMA Network Open, 5(8), e2224846. https://doi.org/doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.24846 (R
- Perrotte, J. K., & Zamboanga, B. L. (2021). Traditional gender roles and alcohol use among Latina/os: A review of the literature. Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse, 20(1), 151–168. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/15332640.2019.1579142
- Perrotte, J. K., Piña-Watson, B., Baumann, M. R., Weston, R., Morissette, S. B., Gulliver, S. B., … Garza, R. T. (2021). Domains matter: A prospective investigation of traditional feminine gender roles and alcohol use among Latinas. Journal of Ethnicity in Substance Abuse, Advanced Online Copy. https://doi.org/10.1080/15332640.2021.2011816
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Student Research Award, Society for Health Psychology, APA Division 38. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Student Poster Award, Society for Addiction Psychology, APA Division 50. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: University Life Award: Most Outstanding Graduate Student in the College of Liberal and Fine Arts, UTSA. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: 1st place for Master’s students, UTSA College of Liberal and Fine Arts (COLFA) Annual Research Conference. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Scholarly/Creative Activities, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. 2023 - Present
- Perrotte, Jessica Kathleen (Principal). Alcohol use and misuse among Latinas in the U.S.: Addressing gaps in the literature with a multi-methods approach, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Federal, $745111. (Funded: May 1, 2022 - April 30, 2027). Grant.
- Perrotte, Jessica Kathleen. Mamie Phipps Clark Diversity Research Grant, Psi Chi, Other, $1500. (Funded: December 1, 2018). Grant.
- Perrotte, Jessica K (Principal). Problematic drinking among Latina/o college students: The role of enculturation and traditional gender roles, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, Federal, $66996. (Funded: September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology
Diversity Committee, Collaborative Perspectives on Addiction annual meeting
#MeToo, a conversation about sexual harassment in academia; Student Psychology Association, Active Minds, UTSA
Graduate Student Representative
President’s Strategic Enrollment Task Force; Office of the President, UTSA
Reviewer / Referee