Faculty Profile for Dr. Emily Zhu
Biography and EducationPhD in Operations Management, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
MSc in Mathematical and Computational Finance, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
BSc in Information and Computational Science, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Zhu, E., Kucukyazici, B., & Maizi, Y. (2020). Designing Observation Units for Heart Failure Patients: Capacity and Patient Flow Considerations. Service Science, 12(1), 1–42.
- Somvanshi, S., Zhu, C., Ikehata, K., Valles Molina, D., & Jin, T. (2023). Wind Speed Forecasting for Designing Sustainable Wastewater Treatment Plants (pp. 0844–0850). IEEE. https://doi.org/10.1109/CCWC57344.2023.10099313
- Zhu, C., Jin, T., & Keisuke, I. (2022). A Comparative Study of Machine Learning Algorithms for Long-term Daily Water Usage Forecasting.
- Sun, W., Shao, H., Wu, T., Shao, F., & Zhu, C. (2022). Reliable Location of Automatic Vehicle Identification Sensors to recognize Origin-Destination Demands Considering Sensor Failure. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, 136.
- Shen, L., Shao, H., Wu, T., Fainman, C. Z., & Lam, W. (2020). Finding the reliable shortest path with correlated link travel times in signalized traffic networks under uncertainty. Transportation Research, Part e: Logistics and Transportation Review, 144.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Robert J. Olney Early Career Research Award, McCoy College of Business. August 2023 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Changemaker Awards, McCoy College of Business. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Awards for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: CoSearch Research Competition, 1st Place Winner. September 13, 2019 - September 14, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: , Graduate Differential Fee Waiver. 2013 - 2014
- Zhu, Cheng. Delivering in the Time of COVID-19: A Population-Based Study of Childbirths in the U.S., Translational Health Research Center Awards, Texas State University, $10000. (Funded: April 2023 - March 31, 2024). Grant.
- Zhu, Cheng (Principal), Jin, Tongdan (Co-Principal). Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: December 2022 - June 2024). Grant.
- Zhu, Cheng. Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: May 1, 2021 - May 2022). Grant.
- Jin, Tongdan (Principal), Ikehata, Keisuke (Co-Principal), Zhu, Cheng (Co-Principal). Advanced Potable Water Reuse Integrating with Renewal Energy: A Data-Driven Study for San Marcos, Texas State University, $17580. (Submitted: January 30, 2021, Funded: April 9, 2021 - Present). Grant.
- Zhu, Cheng. McCoy Faculty Development Fund, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: September 2019 - August 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Computers & Industrial Engineering
Reviewer / Referee
Production and Operations Management Society
Analytics Faculty Search
September 2023-April 2024
Operations Management Faculty Search
October 2022-July 2023
Department Chair Search Committee
October 1, 2020-March 1, 2021