Faculty Profile for Dr. Jake Fillman
Dr. Jake Fillman
Assistant Professor — Mathematics
phone: (512) 245-0838
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Damanik, D., & Fillman, J. D. (2022). One-Dimensional Ergodic Schrodinger Operators I. General Theory. Graduate Studies in Mathematics (Vol. 221). American Mathematical Society.
- Fillman, J., & Tidwell, H. (n.d.). On Sums of Semibounded Cantor Sets. Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics.
- Fillman, J. D., & Han, R. (2020). Discrete Bethe-Sommerfeld conjecture for triangular, square, and hexagonal lattices. Journal d’Analyse Mathematique, 142(1), 271–321. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11854-020-0138-z
- Damanik, D., Fillman, J. D., & Sukhtaiev, S. (2020). Localization for Anderson models on metric and discrete tree graphs. Mathematische Annalen, 376(3–4), 1337–1393. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00208-019-01912-6
- Embree, M., & Fillman, J. (2019). Spectra of discrete two-dimensional periodic Schrödinger operators with small potentials. Journal of Spectral Theory, 9(3), 1063–1087. https://doi.org/10.4171/JST/271
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental Award for Teaching Excellence. December 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Departmental Award For Research Excellence. December 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Annales Henri Poincare Prize. 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Virginia Tech Favorite Faculty Award. 2015
- Fillman, Jacob Daniel. LEAPS-MPS: Ergodic Jacobi Matrices, NSF, Federal, $248177. (Funded: August 2022 - July 2024). Grant.
- Fillman, Jacob Daniel. Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: June 2021 - May 2022). Grant.
- Fillman, Jacob Daniel. Spectral Properties of Ergodic Schr\"odinger Operators, Simons Foundation, $42000. (Submitted: January 18, 2020, Funded: September 1, 2020 - August 31, 2022). Grant.
- Fillman, Jacob Daniel. AMS-Simons Travel Grant, $4800. (Funded: 2016 - 2018). Grant.
- Fillman, Jacob Daniel, Damanik, David, Sukhtaiev, Selim. Ergodic Operators and Quantum Graphs, Simons Center for Geometry and Physics, $44950. (Funded: 2022). Grant.