Faculty Profile for Dr. Shailen Singh
Biography and EducationDr. Shailen Singh currently serves as Associate Professor in the Department of Organization, Workforce, & Leadership Studies at Texas State with a research focus on the overlap between organization development and accessibility, with an emphasis on issues affecting parents of children with disabilities.
Dr. Singh holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications from Texas A&M University, a Master's Degree in Higher Education from the University of Arkansas, and completed his Ph.D. in Human Resource Development from Texas A&M University-College Station. Prior to his time at Texas State, Dr. Singh spent 15 years as a University Administrator in areas related to First-Year Experience, Student Success, and Disability Services.
Research InterestsDr. Singh is interested in improving accessibility (to both physical spaces and organizational processes/policies) for disabled people and their families through sound organizational development practices.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Singh, S. M., Ashford-Hanserd, S. N., Harvey, C. J., Mouton, A., Torre, C. M., Muoneke, A., & Eaglin. (2023). Exploring Computer Science District and School Policies and Practices for African American and Hispanic Students with Disabilities in Central Texas. Journal of The Alliance of Black School Educators.
- Farris, K. N. L., Singh, S. M., Burke, T., & Warber, K. (2023). Communicative Resilience in Parent-Caregivers of Children with Medically Complex Conditions (MCCs). Texas Speech Communications Journal, 47, 17–31.
- Xie, L., Singh, S. M., & Lopez, O. S. (2023). Flow’s Core Prerequisites: The Role of Servant Leadership, Mindfulness, and Work-Life Balance. Psychology Report. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1177/00332941231195330
- Chesnut, J., Singh, S. M., & Boden, C. J. (2022). Proposed Methods for Improving Cancer Patient Communication. International Journal of Adult Education & Technology, 13(1). https://doi.org/DOI: 10.4018/IJAET.310073
- Xie, L., Chang, C. N., & Singh, S. M. (2021). Emotional intelligence, voice, and flow: A team-level study. Team Performance Management. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1108/TPM-12-2020-0110
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University Faculty Awards Program. March 31, 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award in Service, Texas State College of Applied Arts. August 20, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. May 15, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State Football-Guest Coach, Texas State Athletics. October 10, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Guest Coach, Texas A&M Football. October 2015
- Eaglin, Phillip G. (Principal), Muoneke, Ada (Co-Principal), Ashford-Hanserd, Shetay Nicole (Co-Principal), Singh, Shailendra Mohan (Supporting). Broadening participation to include African American and Hispanic students with disabilities in computer science learning using voice user interface project-based learning, National Science Foundation, Federal, $1616024. (Submitted: February 11, 2019, Funded: October 1, 2019 - August 30, 2021). Grant.
- Lopez, Omar S (Principal), Ashford-Hanserd, Shetay Nicole (Co-Principal), Boden, Carrie J (Co-Principal), Cherrstrom, Catherine Ann (Co-Principal), Singh, Shailendra Mohan (Co-Principal), Xie, Lei (Co-Principal), Sherron, Todd (Co-Principal), Gottschall, Portia Manhan (Co-Principal). Workforce College Completion Collaborative (WorkforceC3), EDA American Rescue Plan Act Good Jobs Challenge, Federal, $1892062. (Submitted: February 15, 2022, Funded: September 1, 2022 - August 31, 2025). Grant.
- Farris, Kristen Nacole LeBlanc (Principal), Singh, Shailendra Mohan (Co-Principal), Burke, Patricia Jean (Supporting). Developing Communicative Resilience in Parent-Caregivers of Children with Medically Complex Conditions, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $16000. (Submitted: September 20, 2021, Funded: May 1, 2022 - Present). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Department Personnel Committee
College of Applied Arts Hooding Ceremony Committee
August 1, 2023-Present
Suspensions Appeals Commitee
The National Center for Disability, Equity, and Intersectionality Community of Practice
May 1, 2023-Present