Faculty Profile for Dr. Weam M Al-Tameemi
Biography and EducationDr. Weam Al-Tameemi received her Ph.D. in Mathematics from University of North Texas in 2011. She joined Texas State University/ Department of Mathematics as a Faculty member since 2018.
She is also a QM and iQM member for more than 5 years. She served as a Master and Peer Reviewer and was able to develop successful online math courses.
She is also strongly interested in developing STEM education and committed to undergraduate research in STEM fields. She likes working with minorities and successfully mentors them to prepare them for careers in mathematics and STEM fields in general. She worked on developing a WIN-STEM Focused program related to Writing Intensive (WIN) courses when she was at Texas A&M International University, where she has extensive experience in teaching such courses.
Teaching InterestsGraduate and Undergraduate Different levels of Math Courses
Research InterestsDynamical Systems,
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Al-Tameemi, W. M. (2020). Instructional Research-based Practices Related to Agriculture. The Texas Forum of Teacher Education/ Texas Association of Teacher Educators, 10(Dec.2020), 61–70.
- Al-Tameemi, W. M. (2019). A Theoretical Approach to Ensuring Instructional and Curriculum Coherence of STEM Writing Intensive (WIN) courses: A Case Analysis of One University. International Journal of Innovation Sciences and Research, Vol.8, pp.1466-1479. Retrieved from http://www.ijisr.com
- Al-Tameemi, W. M. (2016). The natural semidirect product R^n x G(n) is algebraically determined. Topology and Its Applications, Vol. 199, page 70-83.
- Al-Tameemi, W. M. (2014). Algebraically Determined Semidirect Products. Topology and Its Applications, Vol. 175, page 43-48.
- Al-Tameemi, W. M. (2021). Professional Development for Secondary School Teachers and Educational Professionals in STEM Fields. Theory & Practice in Rural Education (TPRE), Vol. 11, Pp. 94-112. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3776/tpre.2021.v11n1p94-112
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. March 2020 - May 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 5 Years Distinguished service and Dedication to TAMIU. August 2018 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teacher of the year. 2015 - 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Professional Teaching Award. 1998 - 1999