Faculty Profile for Dr. Jim Farnsworth
Dr. Jim Farnsworth
Assistant Professor — Dept of Health & Human Performance
phone: (512) 245-2939
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Farnsworth, J. L., Marshal, A., & Myers, N. L. (2022). Mental toughness measures: a systematic review of measurement properties for practitioners. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 34(3), 479–494. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/10413200.2020.1866710
- David, S., Farnsworth, J. L., & Theige, M. (2022). Content validation of the Disability of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand questionnaire. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery International, 6(3), 512–517. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jseint.2022.01.014
- Myers, N. L., Morrow, R., & Farnsworth, J. L. (n.d.). Modelling the Relationship Between Relative Load and Match Outcomes in Junior Tennis Players. Journal Human Sport Exercise.
- Farnsworth, J. L., Evans, T., Binkley, H., & Kang, M. (2021). Evaluation of knee-specific patient-reported outcome measures using Rasch analysis. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 30(2), 278–285. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsr.2019-0263
- Farnsworth, J. L., Evans, T., Binkley, H., & Kang, M. (2021). Development and validation of a novel knee-specific patient-reported outcomes measures. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 30(2), 267–277. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsr.2019-0264
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State University. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Top 10 Reviewer, Athletic Training & Sports Health Care Journal. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: 1st Place Research Presentation, Middle Tennessee State University. 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2nd Century Faculty Development Award for Research, Buena Vista University. 2017
- Farnsworth, James Lee. Validation of Movement and Activity in Physical Space (MAPS) scores in Parkinson's disease patients, Society of Health and Physical Educators, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2369.99. (Funded: July 1, 2014 - August 1, 2015). Grant.
- David, Shannon (Principal), Farnsworth, James Lee (Supporting). Using physical activity as an assessment of function in post-surgical ACL repair patients, Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $333. (Funded: March 1, 2012 - February 28, 2013). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Research Enhancement Committee
Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) Admissions Committee
Exercise Science Graduate Application Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Abstract Reviewer for the National Strength and Conditioning Association National Conference