Faculty Profile for Dr. Masoud Moradi
Biography and EducationMasoud Moradi is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the McCoy College of Business, Texas State University. Prior to coming to Texas State University, he received his Ph.D. in Marketing at Texas Tech University. He received both his B.S. degree in Computer Science and his MBA from Sharif University of Technology. Before coming to academia, he worked in industry as a marketing expert and data analyst. His main responsibilities were combining quantitative methods with big data analytics and using programming to integrate big data into the CRM processes.
Teaching InterestsMarketing Analytics
Big Data Analytics
Predictive Models in Marketing
Research InterestsMarketing Strategy
Big Data Analytics
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Moradi, M., Dass, M., Arnett, D., & Badrinarayanan, V. A. (2023). The Time-Varying Effects of Rhetorical Signals in Crowdfunding Campaigns. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 1–29. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-023-00943-5
- Suh, T., & Moradi, M. (2023). Transferring in-store experience to online: An omnichannel strategy for DIY customers’ enhanced brand resonance and co-creative actions. Journal of Business Research, 168. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2023.114237
- Zihagh, F., Moradi, M., & Badrinarayanan, V. A. (n.d.). Brand Prominence Perspective on Crowdfunding Success for Aftermarket Offerings: The Role of Textual and Visual Brand Elements. Journal of Product & Brand Management.
- Moradi, M., Dass, M., & Kumar, P. (2023). Differential Effects of Analytical Content versus Emotional Rhetorical Style on Review Helpfulness. Journal of Business Research, 154. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2022.113361
- Moradi, M., & Dass, M. (2022). Applications of Artificial Intelligence in B2B Marketing: Challenges and Future Directions. Industrial Marketing Management, 107, 300–314. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2022.10.016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. August 2023
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, Texas State University. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean's Summer Research Award, McCoy College of Business. June 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Dean's Summer Research Award, McCoy College of Business. June 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Helen Devitt Jones Excellence in Graduate Teaching Award, Texas Tech University. 2018
- Zihagh, Fereshteh (Principal), Moradi, Masoud (Co-Principal). Research Enhancement Program (REP), Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: 2023). Grant.
- Zihagh, Fereshteh, Moradi, Masoud, Fisk, Raymond P, Alkire, Linda. McCoy Foundation Faculty Development, $1000. (Funded: 2020). Grant.
- Moradi, Masoud (Principal). Research Enhancement Program (REP), Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: 2019). Grant.
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Villagran, Melinda Morris (Co-Principal), , Bing Zhou (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Co-Principal), Ekin, Tahir (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Konur, Dincer (Supporting), Alanis, Emmanuel (Supporting), Zihagh, Fereshteh (Supporting), Dong, Zhijie (Co-Principal), Shen, Xiaoxi (Supporting), De Nadai, Alessandro Stevens (Supporting), Zhu, Ye (Co-Principal), Hewitt, Barbara A (Co-Principal), Valles Molina, Damian (Supporting), White, Alexander (Supporting), Dolezel, Diane M (Supporting), Ioudina, Vera (Supporting), Islam, Tanzima Z (Supporting), Lee, Chul Ho (Supporting), Metsis, Vangelis (Supporting), Moradi, Masoud (Supporting), Gao, Ju (Supporting), Li-Jen, Lester (Supporting), Jones, Dustin (Supporting), Pham, Vung (Supporting), Holt, Melinda (Supporting), Kyung An, Min (Supporting), Islam, ABM (Supporting), Cho, Hyuk (Supporting), Liu, Quigzhoung (Supporting), Liang, Fan (Supporting), Topinka, Joseph Baar (Supporting). The Accelerating Credentials of Purpose and Value for the Texas Innovation Corridor (TIC) Consortium Grant, THECB, State, $1450000. (Submitted: November 2021, Funded: February 2022 - October 2022). Grant.
- Moradi, Masoud. New Faculty Startup Grant, Texas State University Libraries, $1000. (Funded: 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Journal of Marketing Analytics
International Journal of Consumer Studies
Marketing Analytics Concentration Committee, Department of Marketing
Journal of Business Research
Scholarship Committee, McCoy College of Business