Faculty Profile for Dr. Katherine Rice Warnell
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Warnell, K. R., & Redcay, E. (2019). Minimal coherence among varied theory of mind measures in childhood and adulthood. Cognition, 191, 103997. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cognition.2019.06.009
- McNaughton, K. A., Kirby, L. A., Warnell, K. R., Alkire, D., Merchant, J., Moraczewski, D., … Redcay, E. (2023). Social-interactive reward elicits similar neural response in autism and typical development and predicts future social experiences. Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 59, 101197. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dcn.2023.101197
- Schenk, K., Weimer, A. A., & Warnell, K. R. (2023). Assessing Child Life Specialists’ Management of Challenging Behaviors in Autistic Pediatric Patients.
- De La Cerda, C., Clegg, J. M., & Warnell, K. R. (n.d.). Everyone’s a Critic (Sometimes): Young Children Show High Awareness of, But Lower Adherence to, Prosocial Lying Norms. The Journal of Genetic Psychology: Research and Theory on Human Development. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1080/00221325.2022.2158439
- Warnell, K. R., De La Cerda, C., & Frost, A. (2022). Disentangling relations between attention to the eyes and empathy. Emotion, 22(3), 586–596. https://doi.org/10.1037/emo0000998
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award in Scholarly/Creative Activities, Texas State University. February 28, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. April 2021
- Award / Honor Nominee: Departmental Nominee Presidential Award in Teaching at Assistant Professor Level, Texas State University. February 1, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. November 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Panhellenic Council Professor Appreciation, Panhellenic Council. October 2020
- Warnell, Katherine Rice. Social Cognition and Perception in Interactive Contexts, Department of Psychology, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: October 1, 2022 - August 31, 2023). Grant.
- Warnell, Katherine Rice (Principal). Language-Based Social Biases in Monolingual and Bilingual Young Adults, Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1500. (Submitted: July 31, 2021). Grant.
- Warnell, Katherine Rice (Principal). Social Cognitive Mechanisms of Social Anxiety, Department of Psychology, Texas State University, Texas State University, $2000. (Funded: March 1, 2021 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
- Warnell, Katherine Rice (Principal), Clegg, Jennifer M (Co-Principal). The Development of Prosocial Lying in Childhood, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: December 15, 2018 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Frontiers in Psychiatry, Section on Social Cognition
September 11, 2019-Present
Science in the Parks
Reviewer / Referee
Reviewer / Referee
Promotion & Outreach Committee
September 1, 2022-December 31, 2022