Faculty Profile for Dr. Sidney Thomas Anderson
Dr. Sidney Thomas Anderson
Associate Professor — Department of Marketing
phone: (512) 245-7428
Biography and EducationDr. Anderson is an Associate Professor of Marketing. He earned a PhD in Marketing (2016) from Florida State University after receiving his MBA (2011) and B.S. in Computer Information Systems (2000) from the University of Central Missouri.
He is a research fellow in the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship working on the SCALEUP program--a Texas State University initiative designed to research the factors restraining minority-owned business growth and develop remedies. His research interests include marketing strategy, healthcare marketing, and service operations management. His work has been published in Decision Sciences, Psychology & Marketing, European Journal of Marketing, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Journal of Retailing & Consumer Services, Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, Journal of Strategic Marketing, Journal of Service Management, Journal of Services Marketing, Service Industries Journal, Health Services Management Research, Marketing Education Review, and Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education.
Prior to entering academia, he gained twelve years of experience in the IT industry, where he assisted in implementing enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems; his consulting expertise includes data conversion and systems integration. Since 2022, he returned to consulting with firms to assist in formulating migration strategy, creating migration environments, and migrating data using Informatica and Python.
Teaching InterestsMarketing Management, Principles of Marketing
Research InterestsEntrepreneurship, Health & Wellbeing Marketing
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Anderson, S. T., & Anderson, J. E. (2022). Leave Some for Me! The Role of Marketing in Influencing Responsible Consumption During Times of Crisis. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 30(7), 703-721 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 2, ABDC: A, Marketing Dept: B+, Impact Factor: 3.60). https://doi.org/10.1080/0965254X.2020.1833075
- Smith, J., Shockley, J., Anderson, S. T., & Liu, X. (2022). Tensions in the Emergency Department? The Impact of Flow Stage Times on Managing Patient-Reported Experiences and Financial Productivity. Decision Sciences, 53(3), 514-556 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 3, ABDC: A*, QMST: A+, Impact Factor: 2.33). https://doi.org/10.1111/deci.12503
- Anderson, S. T. (2021). Examining the Relationship Between Patient Experience and Readmission Rates: A Profile Deviation Analysis. Health Services Management Research, 34(4), 234-240 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 1, ABDC: C, Management Dept: B, Impact Factor: 2.50). https://doi.org/10.1177/0951484820987499
- Rayburn, S. W., Badrinarayanan, V. A., Anderson, S. T., & Gupta, A. (2021). Continuous techno-training and business-to-business salesperson success: How boosting techno-efficacy enhances sales effort and performance. Journal of Business Research, 133, 66-78 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 3, ABDC: A, Marketing Dept: A, Impact Factor: 7.55). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2021.04.066
- Rayburn, S. W., Anderson, S. T., & Sierra, J. J. (2020). Future Thinking: A Marketing Perspective on Reducing Wildlife Crime. Psychology and Marketing, 37(12), 1643-1655 (Quality Indicators: CABS: 3, ABDC: A, Marketing Dept.: A, Impact Factor: 2.93, Lead Article). https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.21413
- Award / Honor Recipient: McCoy College of Business Administration Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Sheth Doctoral Consortium Fellow, American Marketing Association. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Paper Award, Service Industries Journal. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fellows Society, Florida State University. 2012 - 2016
- Daspit, Joshua J. (Principal), Wan, Min (Co-Principal), Anderson, Sidney Thomas (Co-Principal), Konopaske, Arthur R (Co-Principal), Lopez, Omar S (Co-Principal). Understanding and addressing the lagging growth of Hispanic-owned businesses, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $406682. (Submitted: February 23, 2022, Funded: January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2025). Grant.
- Anderson, Sidney Thomas. McCoy Faculty Development Grant (Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Certificate), $1999. (Funded: October 2021 - December 2021). Grant.
- Anderson, Sidney Thomas. McCoy Faculty Development Grant (Data Analytics Training), Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3750. (Funded: December 2018). Grant.
- Rayburn, Steven W (Co-Principal), Anderson, Sidney Thomas (Co-Principal). Service Captivity in Long-Term Healthcare, 2022 McCoy College Faculty Development Program, Texas State University, $6000. (Funded: 2022 - Present). Grant.
- Rayburn, Steven W, Anderson, Sidney Thomas, Nasr, Linda. Environmental Service Committee Grant, Texas State University, $12500. (Submitted: 2016, Funded: 2017 - 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Editorial Review Board Member
Health Marketing Quarterly
MBA Admissions Committee
Subject Pool Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Services Marketing
African-American Studies Working Group
January 2017-May 2019