Faculty Profile for Dr. Robert Sigley
Dr. Robert Sigley
Assistant Professor — Mathematics
phone: (512) 245-8018
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Sigley, R. (2018). Teacher Learning About Mathematical Reasoning: An Instructional Model (pp. 1516–1521).
- Czocher, J. A., Sigley, R., Kularajan, M., & Roan, E. A. (n.d.). Validating a modelling competencies assessment. In Advancing and consolidating research on applications and modelling in mathematics education. Springer.
- Danish, J., Saleh, A., Gomoll, A., Sigley, R., & Hmelo-Silver, C. E. (2021). Supporting Object-Oriented Transfer in School. In Transfer of Learning: Progressive Perspectives for Mathematics Education and Related Fields. Springer.
- Sigley, R., Guyot, L., & White, A. (2019). Studying the Relationship Between Students’ Perception of the Mean and Their Understanding of Variance. In 2019 Joint Statistics Meetings Proceedings.
- Cook, S., Sigley, R., Kirin, D., Johnson, S., & Mutlu, A. (2019). What Content is Being Taught in Introductory Statistics?: Results of a Nationwide Survey. In 22nd Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Conference.
- Award / Honor Recipient: $900 in Travel funds, Program for Excellence in Teaching and Learning. 2017 - 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Department Teacher of the Year, Pre-Tenure division, Mathematics Department. December 2017
- Melhuish, Kathleen Mary (Principal), Lew, Kristen Marie (Co-Principal), Sigley, Robert (Other), Morey, Susan (Supporting), Dawkins, Paul Christian (Co-Principal), Bishop, Jessica Lynn (Supporting). Orchestrating Discussions Around Proof, National Science Foundation, Federal, $299847. (Submitted: May 1, 2018, Funded: November 1, 2018 - October 31, 2022). Grant.
- Sigley, Robert. Library New Faculty Start Up Funds, Texas State University, $264.75. (Submitted: December 19, 2016, Funded: January 4, 2017). Grant.
- Sigley, Robert. Collaborative probability and statistical knowledge building among pre-service teachers in a technology-enhanced environment, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2016, Funded: January 2017 - June 2018). Grant.
- Maher, Carolyn A. (Principal), Palius, Marjory F. (Co-Principal), Wang, Shaungbao (Co-Principal), Sigley, Robert (Supporting). BCC: Collaborative Research: Community Building for Research on Mathematics Learning Using Data-Intensive Sources, National Science Foundation, BCC, Federal, $604661. (Funded: July 1, 2014 - July 31, 2017). Grant.
- Sigley, Robert (Principal), Alqahtani, Muteb M (Co-Principal), Maher, Carolyn A (Co-Principal). Rutgers Graduate School of Education Goal Advancement Program, $8000. (Funded: 2013 - 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Committee on Committees
Data Science Initiative
Reviewer / Referee
Research in Undergraduate Mathematics Education
Reviewer / Referee
American Educational Research Association (AERA)