Faculty Profile for Dr. Nikoleta Theodoropoulou
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Cottier, R. J., Koehne, B. D., Miracle, J. T., Currie, D. A., Pantelidis, L., Hernandez-Robles, A., … Theodoropoulou, N. (2020). Strong spin-orbit interactions in a correlated two-dimensional electron system formed in SrTiO3(001) films grown epitaxially on p-Si(001). Physical Review B, 102(125423). https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevB.102.125423
- Li, S., Liu, X., Fan, X., Ni, Y., Miracle, J., Theodoropoulou, N., … Yu, Q. (2017). New Strategy for Black Phosphorus Crystal Growth through Ternary Clathrate. CRYSTAL GROWTH & DESIGN, 17(12), 6579–6585. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.cgd.7b01239
- Cottier, R. J., Steinle, N. A., Currie, D. A., & Theodoropoulou, N. (2015). Band gap tuning of epitaxial SrTiO3-delta/Si(001) thin films through strain engineering. Applied Physics Letters, 107(22). https://doi.org/Artn 221601 10.1063/1.4936608
- Tate, J. S., S.Gaikwad, Theodoropoulou, N., Trevino, E., & Koo, J. H. (2013). Carbon/Phenolic Nanocomposites as Advanced Thermal protection Material in Aerospace Applications. Journal of Composites Materials, 2013(403656).
- Laughlin, R. P., Currie, D. A., Contreras-Guererro, R., Dedigama, A., Priyantha, W., Droopad, R., … Theodoropoulou, N. (2013). Magnetic and Structural Properties/ Conditions for epitaxial growth, magnetic and structural properties of BiFeO3 thin films on SrTiO3/Si substrates. Journal of Applied Physics, 113(17D919).
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Service, CoSE. January 2021 - September 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Service, CoSE. January 2020 - August 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Service. January 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: Presidential Award for Excellence in Service at the Professor/Associate Professor level. February 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Teaching - College Achievement Award. September 1, 2016 - 2016
- Betancourt, Tania (Principal), Brittain, William J (Co-Principal), Irvin, Jennifer A (Co-Principal), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Co-Principal), Martin, Benjamin (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Wistey, Mark A (Co-Principal), Miyahara, Yoichi (Co-Principal), Kerwin, Sean Michael (Co-Principal). TxState-UT PREM Center for Intelligent Materials Assembly (CIMA), National Science Foundation, Federal, $3822000. (Funded: July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2027). Grant.
- Holtz, Mark W (Principal), Chen, Yihong (Supporting), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Supporting), Droopad, Ravindranath (Supporting), Li, Jian (Co-Principal), Myers, Thomas H (Supporting), Piner, Edwin L (Supporting), Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Supporting), Zakhidov, Alexander (Supporting). System of Integrated Characterization of Electronic Devices and Materials, U.S. AFOSR, Federal, $332086. (Funded: August 15, 2017 - August 14, 2018). Grant.
- Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Principal), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Co-Principal), Myers, Thomas H (Co-Principal), Rhodes, Christopher Peter (Co-Principal), Zakhidov, Alexander (Co-Principal), Tate, Jitendra S (Co-Principal), Miyahara, Yoichi (Co-Principal). Enhanced Optical, Electrical, and Magnetic measurement capabilities for Materials and Device Studies in Research and Education, Department of Defense, Federal, $278778. (Submitted: August 28, 2020, Funded: May 10, 2021 - May 9, 2022). Grant.
- Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta. Superconductor to strong-Insulator Transition (SIT) in SrTiO3-d on p-Si(001), Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 9, 2019, Funded: January 2020 - December 2021). Grant.
- Theodoropoulou, Nikoleta (Co-Principal), Schemmel, John (Co-Principal), Ameri, Farhad (Principal), Lee, Young Ju (Co-Principal), Ojeda-Ruiz, Ivan (Co-Principal). Technology Enhanced Analysis of Materials, CoSearch 2019 - Materials with Intelligence, Texas State University, $10000. (Submitted: March 3, 2019, Funded: September 2019 - September 2020). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Materials Science
APS Bridge program site leader
January 1, 2019-Present
Graduate Physics Curriculum Revision -New course addition
September 20, 2018-Present
January 1, 2016-Present
APS Bridge Program Partnership Institution
January 1, 2016-Present