Faculty Profile for Dr. Luisa M Scolfaro
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Shook, J., Scolfaro, L. M., Borges, P. D., & Geerts, W. J. (2019). Structural stability and electronic properties of XTO2 (X= Cu, Ag; T=Al, Cr): An ab initio study including X vacancies and Mg doping. Solid State Sciences, 88, 48.
- Petersen, J. E., Scolfaro, L. M., Borges, P. D., & Geerts, W. J. (2019). Symmetry considerations on band filling and first optical transition in NiO. European Physics Journal B, 92, 232.
- Welch, E., & Scolfaro, L. M. (2022). Hybrid density functional theory study on zinc blende GaN and diamond surfaces and interfaces: Effects of size, hydrogen passivation, and dipole corrections. Computational Condensed Matter, 30, e00653. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cocom.2022.e00653
- Welch, E., Borges, P. D., & Scolfaro, L. M. (2022). Hybrid density functional theory study of substitutional Gd in β -Ga2O3. Physica B, 651, 414558.
- Cantrell, S. R., Welch, E., Scolfaro, L., & Geerts, W. J. (2022). Opto-electronic properties of carbon doped NiO. J. Phys. and Chem. Solids, 174, 111110. https://doi.org/j.jpcs.2022.111110
- Award / Honor Recipient: Non-tenure Line Faculty Workload Release, Texas State University. 2022 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nontenure Faculty Workload Release, Texas State University. August 2018 - December 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: “Best Oral” presentation category, International Materials Research Congress. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Research Award, University of São Paulo, Brazil. 2008
- Droopad, Ravindranath (Principal), Geerts, Wilhelmus J (Co-Principal), Scolfaro, Luisa M (Co-Principal). Ultrawide Bandgap Heterostructures: Growth, Characterization and Modeling, Federal, $656949. (Submitted: July 2019, Funded: July 31, 2020 - July 30, 2023). Grant.
- Piner, Edwin L (Principal), Scolfaro, Luisa M (Co-Principal). Improving Thermal Management in GaN HEMTs via Simulation of TDTR Characterization, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $16000. (Funded: January 2020 - May 2021). Grant.
- Geerts, Wilhelmus J, Scolfaro, Luisa M. URAP/HSAP -2019 request in support of Optical and Electrical Characterization of NiFe-oxide thin films Research, Office of the Army, Federal, $7500. (Submitted: November 2018, Funded: May 2019 - August 2019). Grant.
- Geerts, Wilhelmus J, Scolfaro, Luisa M. URAP/HSAP-2018 request in support of Optical and Electrical Characterization of NiFe-oside thin films research, Army Research Office, Federal, $7500. (Submitted: November 2017, Funded: June 2018 - August 2018). Grant.
- Geerts, Dr. W. (Principal), Scolfaro, Dr. Luisa (Co-Principal). Optical and Electrical Properties of NiFe-oxide Thin Films, Department of Defense (DoD) Research and Education Program for Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority - Serving Institutions (HBCU/MI), Federal, $387691. (Funded: 2015 - 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Search Committee Member - Tenure Line Faculty position
Reviewer / Referee
Computational Condensed Matter
WISE Conference Scholarship Awards Committee
Physics Scholarship Awards Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Materials Chemistry and Physics