Faculty Profile for Dr. Piyush Ravindra Shroff
Dr. Piyush Ravindra Shroff
Senior Lecturer — Mathematics
phone: (512) 245-1931
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Rusnak, L. J., Shroff, P. R., Couvillion, E. B., & Schmidt, M. (2019). Oriented Hypergraphic Matrix-tree Type Theorems and Bidirected Minors via Boolean Order Ideals. Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics, 49(4), 461–473. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1007/s10801-018-0831-5
- Shroff, P. R., & Witherspoon, S. (2016). PBW deformations of quantum symmetric algebra and their group extensions. J. Algebra and Its Applications, 15.
- Shroff, P. R. (2015). Quantum Drinfeld orbifold algebras. Communications in Algebra, 43, 1563–1570.
- Shroff, P. R. (2013). Finite Generation of the cohomology of quotients of PBW algebras. J. Algebra, 390, 44–55.
- Shroff, P. R., Naidu, D., & Witherspoon, S. (2011). Hochschild cohomology of group extensions of quantum symmetric algebras. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 139, 1553–1567.
- Award / Honor Nominee: Department's Nominee for Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Service Excellence Award, Department of Mathematics, Texas State University. December 2, 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2022 College Achievement for Excellence in Teaching, College of Science and Engineering, Texas State University. August 19, 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Excellence Award, Department of Mathematics, Texas State University. December 3, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. March 2020 - May 2020
Selected Service Activities
Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching Selection Committee
Math Graduate Programs Expo Committee
Managing Textbook Costs Committee
Reviewer / Referee
Asian Reserach Journal of Mathematics