Faculty Profile for Dr. Qiang Zhao
Biography and EducationPh.D. in statistics from the University of Missouri - Columbia in 2004.
Research InterestsDevelopment of statistical procedures for comparing treatments in terms of survival time for various types of censored data, estimation of survival and mean functions and treatment comparisons for recurrent event data, and regression analysis for microarray gene expression data when the response is failure time.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Zhao, Q. (2015, January). Package “glrt” (version 2.0). USA: Comprehensive R Archive Network. Retrieved from https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/glrt/glrt.pdf
- Zhao, X., Duan, R., Zhao, Q., & Sun, J. (2013). A New Class of Generalized Log Rank Tests for Interval-censored Failure Time Data. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 60, 123–131. Retrieved from www.elsevier.com/locate/csda
- Zhao, Q. (2012). gLRT - A New R Package for Analyzing Interval-censored Survival Data. In Interval-Censored Time-to-Event Data: Methods and Applications (pp. 377–396). USA: CRC Press.
- Zhao, Q. (2012). Disease Survival Rate. In Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Society (Vol. 1, pp. 311–312). USA: Salem Press.
- Gao, B. J., Griffith, O. L., Ester, M., Xiong, H., Zhao, Q., & Jones, S. J. M. (2012). On the Deep Order-preserving Submatrix Problem: A Best-effort Approach. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 24(2), 309–325. Retrieved from https://www.computer.org/web/tkde
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate Faculty. September 2006 - June 2026
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduating Student Recognition of Campus Support (from Lawrence Warren). July 2016
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Recognition from Siemens Foundation. January 28, 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mathworks Research Mentor Recognition, Texas Mathworks. 2010
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2009 Dean's Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, College of Science, Texas State University. 2009
- Yang, Yong (Principal), Keller, Thomas M (Co-Principal), Sun, Shuying (Supporting), Zhao, Qiang (Supporting), Dochtermann, Anton (Supporting), Oh, Suho (Supporting). REU Site: Algebra, Combinatorics, and Statistics, NSF, Federal, $305417. (Submitted: August 2021, Funded: March 1, 2022 - February 28, 2025). Grant.
- Dochtermann, Anton M (Supporting), Keller, Thomas M (Co-Principal), Oh, Suho (Supporting), Sun, Shuying (Supporting), Yang, Yong (Principal), Zhao, Qiang (Supporting). REU Site: Algebra, Combinatorics, and Statistics, NSF, Federal, $269696. (Submitted: August 18, 2017, Funded: September 1, 2018 - August 31, 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Lecturer Hiring Committee
Program and Curriculum Committee
Statistics Qualifying Exam Committee
Special Opportunity Hires Search Committee