Faculty Profile for Dr. Samuel Obara
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Obara, S., & Nie, B. (2023). Mathematics Teachers’ Geometric Thinking: A Case Study of In-service Teachers’ Constructing, Conjecturing, and Exploring with Dynamic Geometry Software. European Journal of Mathematics and Science Education4, 4(1), 65–78.
- Obara, S., & Hammons, J. L. (2022). Visual Discrimination: Spatial Reasoning Activity for Enhancing Children’s Spatial Skills (pp. 1–16). IntechOpen.
- Obara, S. (2022). Find the relationship between two triangles: Teachers solving a geometric problem using dynamic geometry software. Journal of Education and Social Development, 6(2), 21–27.
- Obara, S., & Welsh, S. C. (2020). Is e^π > π^e? Pre-service teachers making sense of numbers. Issues in the Undergraduate Mathematics Preparation of School Teachers, 1, 1–10.
- Obara, S. (2020). Find the measure of angle x: Teachers technology investigation. Issues in the Undergraduate Mathematics Preparation of School Teachers, 3, 1–10.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 3 Graduating Students Recognitions as the faculty that contributed significantly to their academic career. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: - Completed Math 4311 (Introduction to the History of Mathematics) Course Transformation in the 2011 Multicultural Transformation Institute, Center for Multicultural and Gender Studies. May 16, 2011 - May 20, 2011
- Award / Honor Recipient: Research Excellence Award: Texas State University, Department of Mathematics. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: School of Science Nomination for the Presidential Teaching Award. 2007
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Excellence Award: Texas State University, Department of Mathematics. 2007
- Obara, Samuel. Travel Grant from National Association of Mathematics, $400. (Funded: November 12, 2006). Grant.
- Obara, Samuel. Dynamic Geometry in Classrooms, NSF Grant, $2090450. (Funded: 2009 - 2015). Grant.
- Obara, Samuel. Deeper Exploration of Mathematics, The P-16 Collaborative Science and Math Faculty Grant Program Diversity and Equity Initiative, Texas State University, $15000. (Funded: 2008 - 2009). Grant.
- Obara, Samuel. Making Sense of Professional Development, Research Enhancement Program (REP) Grant Award, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: 2006 - 2007). Grant.