Faculty Profile for Dr. Xingde Jia
Biography and EducationPh.D. from City University of New York, 1990.
1989.9-1990.8: Instructor, Fordham University.
1990.9-1993.8: Assistant Professor, Texas State Univ.
1993.9-1996.8: Associate Professor, Texas State Univ.
1996.9-Present: Professor, Texas State Univ.
Teaching InterestsCombinatorics, Discrete Mathematics, Calculus, Algebra, etc.
Research InterestsAdditive Number Theory, Optimization Problems in Network Theory
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Shen, J., & Jia, X. (2017). Extremal bases for finite cyclic groups. SIAM Journal on Combinatorics, 31(2), 796–804.
- Jia, X. (2010). On the exact order of asymptotic bases and bases for finite cyclic groups. In Additive Number Theory, edited by D.Chudnovsky and G. Chudnovsky!!! (pp. 179–193). New York: Springer.
- Jia, X., & Hsu, L.-H. (Eds.). (2009). J. Interconnection Networks. In Combinatorial Networks (3rd ed., Vol. 10). World Scientific.
- Jia, X., Peng, W., & Reeves, E. D. (2008). Some Detectability Issues in Sensor Networks. In S. Kami Makki, et al (Ed.), Sensor and Ad-Hoc Networks, Theoretical and Algorithmic Aspects (pp. 73–99). Springer.
- Jia, X., Lee, J., & Sheu, E. (2008). Extremal Cayley Graphs of Finite Cyclic Groups. J. Interconnection Networks, 9(1), 73–82.
Selected Service Activities
Discrete Mathematics Committee
International Journal of Mathematics and Statistics
Journal of Interconnection Networks