Faculty Profile for Dr. Daniela Ferrero
Teaching InterestsDiscrete Mathematics, Graph Theory, Linear Algebra.
Research InterestsInterconnection Network Models, Directed Graphs and Directed Hypergraphs, Propagation Processes, Pursuit-Evasion Games, Zero Forcing, Rank Minimization, Chip Firing, Hamiltonicity and Graph Factorization.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ferrero, D., Hogben, L., Kingan, S., & Matthews, G. L. (2021). Research Trends in Graph Theory and Applications. Cham, Switzerland: Springer Nature Switzerland AG. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-77983-2
- Ferrero, D., Flagg, M., Hall, H. T., Hogben, L., Lin, J. C.-H., Meyer, S. A., … Shader, B. (2019). Rigid linkages and partial zero forcing. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 26(2). https://doi.org/10.37236/8097
- Ferrero, D., Gregorious, C., Kalinowski, T., Ryan, J., & Stephen, S. (2019). Minimum rank and zero forcing number for butterfly networks. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 37(3), 970–988. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10878-018-0335-1
- Ferrero, D., Boyer, K., Brimkov, B., English, S., Keller, A., Kirsch, R., … Reinhart, C. (2019). The zero forcing polynomial of a graph. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 258, 35–48. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dam.2018.11.033
- Bozeman, C., Brimkov, B., Erickson, C., Ferrero, D., Flagg, M., & Hogben, L. (2019). Restricted power domination and zero forcing problems. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, 33(3), 935–956. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10878-018-0330-6
- Award / Honor Recipient: One Math Professor Award, Pearson’s - Mathematical Association of America. 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Honors College at Texas State University. 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: ERUDITE Fellowship, Government of Kerala, India. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Runner-Up Excellence in Research Award, College of Science. 2006
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mentor Award Siemens-Westinghouse Competition on Math Science and Technology 2004-05, Siemens Foundation. 2005
- Ferrero, Daniela. Association for Women in Mathematics - Travel Grant, NSF, AWM/NSF, $2000. (Funded: 2015). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Principal). Women Doing Math, MAA (Mathematical Association of America)-Tensor Program for Women and Mathematics, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000. (Funded: May 2018 - August 2021). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela (Principal). Yes, we can do math!, MAA (Mathematical Association of America)-Tensor SUMMA Program, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $6000. (Funded: May 2017 - May 2018). Grant.
- Ferrero, D. (Principal). CombinaTexas 2010: a Combinatorics Conference in the South-Central U.S., NSF, Federal, $6700. (Funded: 2010 - 2011). Grant.
- Ferrero, Daniela. Travel Grant: AWM Workshop on Graph Theory and Applications at SIAM Annual Meeting, AWM, $25000. (Submitted: May 2021, Funded: July 2022). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Board of Human Resources of AIM (American Institute of Mathematics)
November 2020-December 2024
SIAM Committee of AWM (Association for Women in Mathematics)
January 31, 2021-January 31, 2024
National Science Foundation (NSF)
March 2019-March 2019
National Science Foundation (NSF)
December 2018-December 2018
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Algebra Combinatorics Discrete Structures and Applications (Jacodesmath Institute, Turkey)