Faculty Profile for Dr. Paula S Williamson
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Williamson, P. S., Berresford, P., Fehlberg, S. D., M. Terry, Strong, A. W., McKinney, J., & Ermakova, A. O. (2022). Occurrence and phylogeny of the endangered Texas endemic Echinocereus fitchii subsp. albertii. Bradleya, 40, 27–48.
- Berresford, P., Williamson, P. S., McKinney, J., Best, C., & Terry, M. (2022). Case studies of building collaborative partnerships for conservation of endangered and threatened cacti in Texas. Bradleya, Special, 17–32.
- Waliczek, T. M., Parsley, K. M., Williamson, P. S., & Oxley, F. M. (2018). HortTechnology, 548–556.
- Ferrazzano, S., & Williamson, P. S. (2013). Benefits of mycorrhizal inoculation in reintroduction of endangered plant species under drought conditions. Journal of Arid Environments, 98, 123–125.
- Ferguson, A. W., Strauss, R. E., Strong, A. W., Birnbaum, S. J., Poole, J. M., Janssen, G. K., & Williamson, P. S. (2013). Assessing regional differences in predation of endangered species: Implications from Texas populations of the endangered star cactus (Astrophytum asterias). Journal of Arid Environments, 97, 143–149.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Achievement Award, Outstanding Contributions to Graduate Education in the Southern Region, Conference of Southern Graduate Schools. 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Texas State Excellence in Diversity Nominee, Texas State University. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Southwestern Association of Naturalists Meritorious Service Award, Southwestern Association of Naturalists. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Texas State University Presidential Award for Excellence in Service, Texas State University. 2005
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching, Southwest Texas State University. 1994
- Williamson, Paula S (Principal), Cavitt, Mary E (Co-Principal), Bolch, Kambra K (Co-Principal), Weimer, Nicholas E (Co-Principal), Booth, Chad (Co-Principal). GENERACIÓN STEM: Promoting Hispanic and Low-Income Student Success through Individualized Support, Transfer Navigation, and STEM Career Preparation, U.S. Department of Education, Federal, $1977379. (Funded: October 2021 - August 2023). Grant.
- Williamson, Paula S. Black lace cactus demographics, genetics and landowner conservation outreach project, USFWS/TPWD, Federal, $124974. (Funded: 2015 - 2019). Grant.
- Hardy, Thomas (Principal), Nowlin, Weston Hugh (Co-Principal), Williamson, Paula S (Co-Principal). Effects of suspended sediments on Texas wild rice, other macrophytes, and macroinvertebrates, Edwards Aquifer Authority (Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan), Federal, $75000. (Funded: 2015 - 2016). Grant.
- Williamson, Paula S. Data synthesis and species assessments to aid in determining future candidate or listed status for plants from the USFWS lawsuit and settlements, USFWS/TPWD Section 6, Endangered Species Grant, Federal, $127478. (Funded: 2012 - 2015). Grant.
- Williamson, Paula S. The Research and Recovery of Star Cactus (Astrophytum asterias), USFWS/TPWD Section 6, Endangered Species Grant, Federal, $345147. (Funded: 2004 - 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
University Performing Arts Committee
Faculty Development Advisory Committee
Council of Funded Research
Alpha Chi National Honor Society
Diversity and Gender Studies Advisory Committee