Faculty Profile for Dr. David Rodriguez
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Lambertini, C., Becker, C., Belasen, A., Valencia-Aguilar, A., Nunes-de-Almeida, C., Betancourt Román, C., … Toledo, L. (2021). Biotic and abiotic determinants of Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis infections in amphibians of the Brazilian Atlantic forest. Fungal Ecology.
- Shahrokhi, G., Rodriguez, D., Collins, S., Kent, G., Meyer, K., Palacios-Castro, E., & Green, M. (2020). A re-evaluation of management units based on gene flow of a rare waterbird in the Americas. Biotropica.
- Nordmeyer, S. C., Henry, G., Guerra, T. M., Rodriguez, D., Forstner, M. R., & Hahn, D. (2020). Identification of blood parasites in individuals from six families of freshwater turtles. Chelonian Conservation and Biology, 19(1), 85–94.
- Correa, D. T., Rodriguez, D., Emer, C., Saenz, D., Adams, C. K., Schiesari, L., … Leibold, M. A. (2020). Multilevel community assembly of the tadpole gut microbiome. bioRxiv. https://doi.org/10.1101/2020.07.05.188698
- Goff, C., Walls, S., Rodriguez, D., & Gabor, C. (2020). Changes in physiology and microbial diversity in larval ornate chorus frogs are associated with habitat quality. Conservation Physiology, 8(1). Retrieved from https://academic.oup.com/conphys/article/8/1/coaa047/5857495
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, College of Science and Engineering. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities, College of Science and Engineering. January 2018 - September 2018
- Rodriguez, David. CAREER: Unraveling post-invasion dynamics of the amphibian-killing fungus via rapid genetic diversity assessments of both hosts and pathogens, National Science Foundation, Federal, $797737. (Submitted: July 2020, Funded: September 2021 - August 2025). Grant.
- Rodriguez, David (Principal), Fritts, Sarah Rebecah (Co-Principal), Forstner, Michael R (Co-Principal). Population monitoring and assessing disease risk in Concho water snake, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, State, $196620. (Funded: February 2020 - Present). Grant.
- Fritts, Sarah Rebecah (Principal), Rodriguez, David (Co-Principal). Conservation in the canopy: informing future corridor placement via non-invasive monitoring of vertebrate movement, Texas State University, Texas State University, $15992. (Submitted: October 2019, Funded: January 2020 - June 2021). Grant.
- Rodriguez, David (Principal), Forstner, Michael R (Co-Principal). Comparing capture methods, examining genetic diversity, and assessing disease risk in an effective and efficient monitoring design for the conservation of Nerodia harteri, State and Tribal Wildlife Grants, Texas Parks and Wildlife, State, $99565. (Submitted: March 2017, Funded: November 2017 - August 2019). Grant.
- Rodriguez, David. Evaluating the effectiveness of freshwater mussel mitigation strategies. Texas Department of Transportation, Texas Department of Transportation, State, $266442. (Submitted: 2015, Funded: 2016 - 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Strategic Goals Committee
Visiting Scholar Rebecca Brunner (UC Berkeley)
Shared Research Operations Advisory Committee
George H. Meyer Scholarship Review Committee
Academic Program Director
Education Abroad–Ecuador Program