Faculty Profile for Dr. Seoyoun Kim
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Watt, T. T., Ceballos, N. A., Kim, S., Pan, X., & Sharma, S. (2019). The unique nature of depression and anxiety among college students with adverse childhood experiences. Journal of Child and Adolescent Trauma, 13(2). https://doi.org/doi: 10.1007/s40653-019-00270-4
- Kim, S., Watt, T. T., Ceballos, N. A., & Sharma, S. (2019). Adverse childhood experiences and neuroinflammatory biomarkers: the role of sex differences. Stress and Health, 35(4), 432–440. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.1002/smi.2871
- Chee, K. H., Kim, S., & Gerhart, O. (2022). It Could be Anything You Want!: Vital Involvement of Persons with Dementia in Creative Group Storytelling. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1093/geroni/igac059.1486
- Kim, S., Yoon, H. W., Morton, P., & Jang, Y. (2022). Longitudinal links between behavioral activation coping strategies and depressive symptoms of U.S. adults living alone during the COVID-19 pandemic. Plos One, 17(5), e0267948. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0267948
- Yoon, H., Jang, Y., Kim, S., Speasmaker, A., & Nam, I. (2021). Trends in Internet use among older adults in the United States, 2011-2016. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 40(5), 466–470. https://doi.org/10.1177/0733464820908427
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 College of Liberal Arts Achievement Award, Texas State University. August 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 Innovative Research on Aging Awards, Mather Research Foundation. July 2020
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2019 Presidential Award in Service, Texas State University. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of excellence awards, Office of interdisciplinary graduate program, Purdue University. January 1, 2014
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of excellence awards, Office of interdisciplinary graduate program, Purdue University. January 1, 2013
- Chee, Kyong H (Principal), Gerhart, Olga S (Co-Principal), Kim, Seoyoun (Co-Principal). Storytelling, Generativity, and Well-Being among Persons Living with Dementia, Texas State University, $17991. (Funded: July 1, 2018 - December 31, 2019). Grant.
- Kim, Seoyoun. Volunteering, Genetic Risk for Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiovascular Health, Texas State University, $6943. (Submitted: October 2022, Funded: January 2023 - Present). Grant.
- Kim, Seoyoun. Developmental Leave Supplemental Award, Texas State University, $20000. (Funded: August 2022 - March 2023). Grant.
- Watt, Toni Terling (Principal), Ceballos, Natalie A (Co-Principal), Kim, Seoyoun (Co-Principal), Pan, Xi (Co-Principal). Multi-disciplinary Internal Research Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $20000. (Funded: September 2017 - August 2018). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Aging and Mental Health
Mentorship program for assistant professor (Dr. Beatriz Aldana Marquez)
Department of Sociology Mentorship
Editorial Review Board Member
Alliance for Researchers in Aging (ARIA)
MSDA Admissions committee