Faculty Profile for Dr. Kristen Tooley
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Tooley, K. (2020). Contrasting mechanistic accounts of the lexical boost. Memory & Cognition, 48, 815–838. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.3758/s13421-020-01019-3
- Tooley, K. (2022). Structural priming during comprehension: A pattern from many pieces. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.3758/s13423-022-02209-7
- Tooley, K., Pickering, M., & Traxler, M. (2019). Lexically-Mediated Syntactic Priming Effects in Comprehension: Sources of Facilitation. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology.
- Tooley, K. M., Konopka, A. E., & Watson, D. G. (2018). Assessing Priming for Prosodic Representations: Speaking Rate, Intonational Phrase Boundaries, and Pitch Accenting. Memory & Cognition.
- Tooley, K. M., & Traxler, M. J. (2018). Implicit learning of structure occurs in parallel with lexically-mediated syntactic priming effects in sentence comprehension. Journal of Memory and Language, 98, 59–76. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1016/j.jml.2017.09.004
- Award / Honor Recipient: Spring 2019 Favorite Professor, Alfred H. Nolle Chapter of the Alpha Chi National Honor Society. January 2019 - May 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: COLA Excellence in Teaching Award. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: College of Liberal Arts Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Service. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Delta Pi "Scholarship Banquet" invitee. January 1, 2013 - December 1, 2013
- Award / Honor Recipient: William James Graduate Award, UC Davis. January 1, 2007 - December 1, 2008
- Tooley, Kristen. Language and Math: How Abstract?, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 2021). Grant.
- Tooley, Kristen M (Principal). Research Enhancement Program Grant, Texas State University, $8000. (Submitted: October 5, 2015, Funded: June 2016 - September 2017). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
ARMADILLO Conference Hosting
Editorial Review Board Member
Psychology Department Human Subjects Pool (SONA)
MA in Psychological Research Committee
January 1, 2014-Present