Faculty Profile for Dr. Ty Schepis
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- McCabe, S. E., Arterberry, B. J., Dickinson, K., Evans-Polce, R. J., Ford, J. A., Ryan, J. E., & Schepis, T. S. (2021). Assessment of Changes in Alcohol and Marijuana Abstinence, Co-Use, and Use Disorders among US Young Adults from 2002 to 2018. JAMA Pediatrics, 175(1), 64–72. https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2020.3352
- Schepis, T. S., Ford, J. A., Wilens, T. E., Teter, C. J., & McCabe, S. E. (2020). Differences in prescription stimulant misuse motives across adolescents and young adults in the United States. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, 81(6), 20m13302. https://doi.org/10.4088/JCP.20m13302
- Schepis, T. S., Wilens, T. E., & McCabe, S. E. (2019). Prescription drug misuse: Sources of controlled medications in adolescents. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 58(7), 670-680.e4. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2018.09.438
- Schepis, T. S., Simona-Wastila, L., & McCabe, S. E. (2019). Prescription opioid and benzodiazepine misuse is associated with suicidal ideation in older adults. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 34(1), 122–129. https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.4999
- Schepis, T. S. (Ed.). (2018). The Prescription Drug Abuse Epidemic: Incidence, Treatment, Prevention and Policy. Santa Barbara, California, USA: ABC-Clio.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Nancy M. Petry Memorial Mid-Career Award, Society of Addiction Psychology. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: College Achievement Award for Scholarly / Creative Activities. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Special Recognition for Excellence in Research Funding and Sponsored Programs. August 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi, Texas State University. November 1, 2015
- Schepis, Ty S (Principal), McCabe, Sean E (Supporting). Nonmedical prescription drug misuse among US older adults: subtypes, motives, and diversion sources, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $548488. (Funded: August 15, 2017 - February 28, 2022). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty S (Principal), McCabe, Sean E (Supporting), Ford, Jason A (Supporting). Prescription Drug Misuse Characteristics in Adolescents and Young Adults: Influence of School Enrollment, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $572757. (Funded: June 1, 2017 - April 30, 2021). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty S (Principal). Ecological Momentary Assessment of Mechanisms related to College Student Prescription Stimulant Misuse, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $146440. (Funded: March 1, 2017 - February 28, 2019). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty (Principal). Impulsivity, Risk Taking, Stress and Nicotine Abstinence in Young Adult Smokers, National Institutes of Health (National Institute on Drug Abuse), Federal, $102226. (Submitted: March 2011, Funded: February 1, 2012 - January 31, 2013). Grant.
- Schepis, Ty (Principal). Stress, Self-Control, Impulsivity and Smoking Cessation in Adolescents, Yale University Interdisciplinary Research Consortium on Stress, Self-control and Addiction at Yale University School of Medicine, Institutional (Higher Ed), $18252. (Funded: January 1, 2009 - December 31, 2009). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Texas State University Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
Texas State University Alcohol and Drug Advisory Council
August 2014-May 2019
University Academic Governance Committee
August 2015-May 2018
June 2016-June 2017