Faculty Profile for Dr. Randall Osborne
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., Osborne, R., Renick, O., & Sen, K. (2022). Assessing the effectiveness of intergenerational virtual service-learning on loneliness and ageism: A pre-post study. Healthcare, 10(5), 1–10. https://doi.org/doi: 10.3390/healthcare10050893
- Osborne, R. (2020). Adolescent Social Development. In Essays in Developmental Psychology. Archives of Assessment Psychology. Retrieved from https://www.assessmentpsychologyboard.org/edp/
- Osborne, R. (2020). All in the Family: Parenting Style, Family Dysfunction and Risk Behavior in College Students. Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Science, 8(1), 1–7. https://doi.org/10.15640/jpbs.v8n1a1
- Osborne, R. (2019). More Than Books in the Backpack: The Impact of Family Dysfunction on College Student Risk Behaviors. Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Science, 7(1), 1–7. https://doi.org/10.15640/jpbs.v7n1a1
- Etherton, J. L., Osborne, R., Stepheson, K., Grace, M., Jones, C., & De Nadal, A. (2018). Bayesian analysis of multi-method ego-depletion studies favors the null; hypothesis. British Journal of Social Psychology. https://doi.org/DOI:10.1111/bjso.12236
- Award / Honor Recipient: Best Presentation Award, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. July 10, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Graduate College Outstanding Mentor Award, Texas State University - Graduate College. November 2023
- Award / Honor Recipient: Liberal Arts Outstanding Mentor Award, College of Liberal Arts. August 2023
- Award / Honor Recipient: Recognition of Teaching, Panhellic Council. November 9, 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Psi Chi Model Chapter Award - 2022, Psi Chi - The International Honor Society in Psychology. August 23, 2022
- Osborne, Randall. Theoretical Underpinnings of Successful Intercultural Interactions, International Studies, Texas State University, $1000. (Funded: July 9, 2018 - July 11, 2018). Grant.
- Toews, M L (Principal), Brown, K (Principal), Osborne, R E (Principal). Building relationships between adolescent parents, Administration for Children and Families, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2465414. (Submitted: 2011). Grant.
- Osborne, Randall E (Principal), Turner, G M (Principal). Statistics and Methodology Teaching Lab. Student Computing Resources grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $40000. (Submitted: 2004). Grant.
- Osborne, Randall E (Principal), Turner, G M (Principal). Psychology Computerized Research Laboratory. Student Computing Resources grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: 2003). Grant.
- Osborne, Randall E (Principal). Transforming a Synchronous Video Course to a Multimedia Internet Course, Ameritech, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $16216. (Submitted: 2001). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Reviewer / Referee
Educational Gerontology Journal
Psi Chi - Professional Mentoring Program
September 5, 2022-Present
Psi Chi - The International Honor Society in Psychology - Ask A Professional Panel
February 3, 2022-Present
Reviewer / Referee
Journal of Hate Studies
July 3, 2019-Present