Faculty Profile for Dr. Kelly B Haskard Zolnierek
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Giblin, M., Cordaro, M. M., Jordan, K., Bitney, C. S., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., & Howard, K. J. (2022). The utility of the MMPI-2-RF Personality Psychopathology Five (PSY-5-RF) and Higher-Order Scales in predicting opioid misuse within a chronic pain population. Journal of Behavioral Medicine.
- Stern, M. J., Finch, A., Haskard-Zolnierek, K. B., Howard, K., & Deason, R. G. (2022). Cognitive Decline in Mid-Life: Changes in Memory and Cognition Related to Hypothyroidism. Journal of Health Psychology.
- Howard, N. J., Cordaro, M. M., Deason, R. G., Howard, K. J., & Haskard Zolnierek, K. B. (2023). Evaluating the impact of empathic concern on college students’ responses to the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of American College Health, 1–7. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1080/07448481.2023.224432
- Grigsby, T. J., Howard, J. T., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., Deason, R. G., & Howard, K. J. (2022). Correlates of pandemic-related increases in sleep aid and anti-anxiety medication use. Journal of Substance Use, 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1080/14659891.2021. 1892221
- Anderson, K., Howard, K. J., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., Pruin, J., & Deason, R. G. (2022). Using the Biopsychosocial approach to identify factors associated with major depressive disorder for individuals with hypothyroidism. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 43(8).
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Online Teaching (Runner-up), Office of Distance and Extended Learning. 2019
- Award / Honor Nominee: , Dean’s Nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activities. January 1, 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Exceptional Reviewer, Medical Care. January 1, 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Liberal Arts. 2022
- Burke, Patricia Jean (Principal), Haskard Zolnierek, Kelly B (Co-Principal), Howard, Krista J (Co-Principal), Lawrence, Grayson B (Co-Principal), Tamir, Dan (Co-Principal). Increasing Treatment Adherence in Patients with Metabolic Syndrome: Development of a Support Network Application, MIRG, Texas State University, $25000. (Funded: June 2016 - June 2017). Grant.
- Haskard Zolnierek, Kelly (Principal), Howard, K (Co-Principal). Interactive Medication Adherence Monitor (IMAM) Smartphone Program for Chronic Medical Conditions- Phase II, Research Enhancement Program Grant, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $6670. (Submitted: 2014). Grant.
- Haskard Zolnierek, Kelly (Principal). The Medical Care Communication Experience of Vulnerable Patients in Pain, Research Enhancement Program, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $6385. (Submitted: 2008). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Promotion and Outreach Committee
Research Mentor to AP Research High School Student Ethan Pigeon
Weimaraner Rescue of Texas
Editorial Review Board Member
August 5, 2019-2022
Merit and Annual Review Policy Committee
September 2022-December 2022