Faculty Profile for Dr. John M Davis Ph. D.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Davis, J. M. (2019). How Psi Chi Became the International Honor Society in Psychology. RUDN Journal of Psychology and Padagogics, 16(2), 237–244. https://doi.org/10.22363/2313-1683-2019-16-2-237-244
- Davis, J. M., & Osborne, R. E. (n.d.). Teaching International Psychology to the Next Generation. International Journal of Psycholgy Supplement.
- Davis, J. M. (n.d.). Searching the Psychological Literature: PsycINFO and Google Scholar. International Journal of Psychology.
- Davis, J. M. (2016). Study Abroad: Cognitive Advantages of Being Bicultural and Bilingual. Eye on Psi Chi, 20(2), 12–13.
- Davis, J. M. (2016, August 29). A manifesto for the importance of beliefs and values: Understanding the human experience and advancing human wellbeing [Review of Making sense of beliefs and values: Theory, research, and practice, by C. N. Shealy]. PsycCRITIQUES. Washington, D. C., United States: American Psychological Association. https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/a0040464
- Award / Honor Recipient: Distinguished Professor Emeritus, Texas State University. July 24, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: The Psi Chi Florence L. Denmark Faculty Advisor Award, Psi Chi, The International Honor Society in Psychology. May 7, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Service, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. August 21, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fellow, American Psychological Association, Division 1. November 12, 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 College Achievement Award for Excellence in Service, College of Liberal Arts, Texas State University. August 21, 2020
- Davis, John M. Assessing Undergraduate Psychology Students’ International Knowledge, Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $1988. (Submitted: 2019, Funded: 2019 - 2020). Grant.
- Davis, John M (Principal). Assessing International Knowledge of Undergraduate Psychology Students, Department of Psychology Research Funds, $300.00. (Funded: September 11, 2017 - December 31, 2017). Grant.
- Davis, John M. (Principal). Travel Grant to support Honorary Professor of International Studies, Texas State University, $400.00. (Funded: April 8, 2016 - December 31, 2016). Grant.
- Davis, John M (Principal). Expanding Psi Chi Abroad: Development of a Database of Psychology Education and Training around the World, Thelma Hunt Research Grant. Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $3000. (Submitted: 2011). Grant.
- Hagelman, R. (Principal), Huynh, N. (Co-Principal), Davis, John M (Co-Principal). Conditions of Children's Place, Play, and Services in Emergency Shelters, Quick Response Grant awarded by the Boulder Hazards Center, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Submitted: 2010). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Established and funded the John M. Davis Endowed Graduate Research Fellowship
January 1, 2021-Present
Psychology Advisory Board
February 8, 2019-Present
Native Plant Society of Texas, Guadalupe County Chapter
September 1, 2015-Present
Liberal Arts Study Abroad Council
August 1, 2015-Present
Psi Chi International Advisory Committee
September 1, 2014-Present