Faculty Profile for Dr. Millie Cordaro
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Giblin, M., Cordaro, M. M., Jordan, K., Bitney, C. S., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., & Howard, K. J. (2022). The utility of the MMPI-2-RF Personality Psychopathology Five (PSY-5-RF) and Higher-Order Scales in predicting opioid misuse within a chronic pain population. Journal of Behavioral Medicine.
- Cordaro, M. M. (2020). Pouring From An Empty Cup: The Case for Compassion Fatigue in Higher Education. Journal of Healthy Academic Communities, 4(2), 17–28. https://doi.org/10.18061/bhac.v4i2.7618
- Cordaro, M. (2012). Pet loss and disenfranchised grief: Implications for mental health counseling practice. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 34(4), 283–294.
- Uwadiale, A., Cordaro, M., Brunett, K., Stern, M., & Howard, K. J. (2021). Lessons Learned about the Need for Early Screening for Depression during the First Months of the COVID-19 Pandemic in the United States. Issues in Mental Health Nursing. https://doi.org/DOI: 10.1080/01612840.2021.1975333
- Cordaro, M. M., Grigsby, T. J., Howard, J. T., Deason, R. G., Haskard Zolnierek, K. B., & Howard, K. J. (2021). Pandemic-specific factors related to generalized anxiety disorder during the initial COVID-19 protocols in the United States. Issues in Mental Health Nursing.
Selected Service Activities
Attendee / Participant
Texas Counseling Association Advocacy Day for the 86th Legislative Session
March 19, 2019-Present
Student Behavior Assessment Team (SBAT)
Undergraduate Program Committee
September 1, 2015-Present
Inclusive Excellence Committee
Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity