Faculty Profile for Dr. Robert T Tally Jr.
Biography and EducationRobert T. Tally Jr. is a Professor of English and an Honorary Professor of International Studies at Texas State University.
Teaching InterestsCritical Theory, American Literature, World Literature, History and Theory of the Novel
Research InterestsCritical Theory, History of Criticism, 19th Century Literature, American Literature, Spatial Literary Studies, Marxist Criticism
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Tally, R. T. (2023). The Critical Situation: Vexed Perspectives in Postmodern Literary Studies. Anthem Press. Retrieved from https://www.amazon.com/Critical-Situation-Perspectives-Postmodern-Literary/dp/1839988339/
- Tally, R. T. (2022). J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit”: Realizing History Through Fantasy. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Tally, R. T. (2022). For a Ruthless Critique of All That Exists: Literature in an Age of Capitalist Realism. Zer0 Books.
- Tally, R. T., & Cole, A. (2022). Editors’ Introduction: Fredric Jameson’s “The Political Unconscious”—Forty Years On. PMLA, 137(3), 405–406.
- Tally, R. T. (2019). Topophrenia: Place, Narrative, and the Spatial Imagination. Bloomington and Indianapolis, IN: Indiana University Press.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Golden Apple Award for Scholarly/Creative Activity. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly/ Creative Activity. 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Golden Apple Award for Scholarly/Creative Activity, College of Liberal Arts. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: University Award for Excellence in Scholarly/ Creative Activity, Texas State University. 2019
- Award / Honor Recipient: Alpha Chi National Honors Society Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi. April 2019
Selected Service Activities
Humanities Award Committee
Presidential Award for Scholarly/Creative Activity Committee
Alternate, Research Enhancement Grant Committee
Nominations Committe, American Comp Lit Assoc.
Editorial Review Board Member
Journal of Ecohumanism