Faculty Profile for Dr. Laura L Ellis-Lai
Dr. Laura L Ellis-Lai
Senior Lecturer — English
Program Faculty — Ofc of Distance & Extended Lrng
phone: (512) 245-2163
Biography and EducationPlease visit lauraellislaiphd.wp.txstate.edu for more information about Dr. Ellis-Lai's education and work at Texas State University.
Dr. Ellis-Lai earned her Ed.M. in Arts in Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education, her M.F.A. in Creative Writing at Texas State University, and her Ph.D. in English at the University of Texas - San Antonio.
Teaching InterestsDr. Ellis-Lai teaches survey courses about literature, as well as courses on qualitative research in composition studies, digital rhetorics, and technical writing.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ellis-Lai, L. L. (2017). Close Confidences: Students’ Experiences of Relational Pleasure, Reflective Competence, and Self-Authorship in First Year Composition Research Writing. Ann Arbor, MI, United States of America: Proquest.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Exploratory Grant Award for Study in Amerca, Office of Distance and Extended Learning. 2021 - August 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: "What's Next: Charting Your Path", Faculty Development & Office of the Associate Provost. November 2021 - May 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Liberal Arts Golden Apple Award in Teaching, College of Liberal Arts. March 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Teaching, College of Liberal Arts. March 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: Excellence in Online Teaching Award (Runner-Up), Office of Distance and Extended Learning, Texas State University. 2021
- Ellis-Lai, Laura L. Nontenure Line Faculty Workload Release, Texas State University, Texas State University. (Funded: August 2020 - September 2021). Grant.
- Ellis-Lai, Laura L. Nontenure Line Faculty Workload Release, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: 2015, Funded: January 2016 - May 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Advanced Studies Committee
English Internship Program
June 28, 2022-Present
Friday "Let's Do Lunch" Faculty Learning Community hosted by Faculty Development
College of Liberal Arts Study Abroad Committee