Faculty Profile for Dr. Colleen Crystal Myles
Dr. Colleen Crystal Myles
Associate Professor — Dept of Geography & Environmntl Studies
phone: (512) 245-1327
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Myles, C. C., Tobias, M., & McKinnon, I. (2021). ‘A big fish in a small pond’: How Arizona wine country was made. In Agritourism, Wine Tourism, Craft Beer Tourism: Local Responses to peripherality through tourism niches. California, United States.
- Savelyev, A., Wiley, D., Myles, C. C., & Goff, P. (2020). Virtual Pub Crawl: Assessing the Utility of Social Media for Geographic Beer Research In The United States. Intervalla.
- Ashford-Hanserd, S. N., Sarmiento, E. R., Myles, C. C., Roundtree, A. K., Hayton, M.-P. E., Ybarra, E., … Maleki, S. (2020). African American experiences in the historic Dunbar neighborhood in San Marcos, Texas: A case study of counter-life stories. Social Sciences, 9(10). https://doi.org/10.3390/socsci9100177
- Myles, C. C. (2020). Fermented landscapes: Lively processes of socio-environmental transformation. Lincoln, NE, United States: University of Nebraska Press.
- McKinnon, I., Hurley, P. T., Myles, C. C., Maccaroni, M., & Filan, T. (2019). Uneven urban metabolisms: toward an integrative (ex)urban political ecology of sustainability in and around the city. Urban Geography, 40(3), 352–377. https://doi.org/10.1080/02723638.2017.1388733
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State University. May 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Mobility Partner (funded residency at the University of Rennes-2, Brittany, France), University of Rennes-2. June 2017
- Award / Honor Recipient: J. Warren Nystrom Award - Finalist, American Association of Geographers. October 1, 2014 - April 1, 2015
- Award / Honor Recipient: Second Place, Tom McKnight Graduate Student Paper Award, California Geographical Society. April 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Rural American West Paper Award, Rural Geography Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers. 2011
- Ashford-Hanserd, Shetay Nicole (Principal), Sarmiento, Eric Ryan (Co-Principal), Rayburn, Steven W (Co-Principal), Myles, Colleen Crystal (Co-Principal), Davio, Rebecca Lynn (Supporting), Fox, Rebekah L (Supporting), Guajardo, Miguel (Supporting), Valencia, Louie Dean (Supporting), Valle, Rosina Ruiz (Supporting). #ReclaimDunbar: A community needs assessment for the Dunbar arts, cultural and innovation district, Multidisciplinary Team Formation (MTI) Grant, Texas State University, Texas State University, $1000. (Funded: July 1, 2018 - December 31, 2019). Grant.
- Myles, Colleen Crystal. Research Enhancement Program (REP) grant, Texas State University, $8000. (Funded: 2013). Grant.
- Myles, Colleen Crystal. Graduate Studies Travel Award, University of California, Davis, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Funded: 2011). Grant.
- Myles, Colleen Crystal. Oroville Thompson Travel Grant, Community Development Graduate Group in the Department of Human and Community Development, UC Davis, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Funded: April 2007). Grant.
- Myles, Colleen Crystal. AAG-NSF Travel Grant to attend the International Geographical Union/International Geographical Congress Conference in Beijing, China, $2000. (Funded: August 21, 2016 - August 25, 2016). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Globe Book Award Committee, American Association of Geographers
Regional Division Councilor for the Southwest, National Council, American Association of Geographers
Sustainability Expo Planning Committee
Undergraduate Committee, Department of Geography, Texas State University
College of Liberal Arts Study Abroad Council