Faculty Profile for Dr. Alberto Giordano
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Giordano, A., & Cole, T. (2018). The Limits of GIS: Towards a GIS of Place. Transactions in GIS, 22(3), 664–676.
- Cole, T., & Giordano, A. (n.d.). Digital Mapping. In Doing Spatial History. UK: Routledge.
- Giordano, A., Cole, T., & Le Noc, M. (n.d.). Social Networks in Space and Time: A Visualization and Analytical Model. Transactions in GIS.
- Knowles, A., Jaskot, P., Cole, T., & Giordano, A. (2021). Mind the Gap: Reading Across the Holocaust Testimonial Archive. In Lessons and Legacies XIV: The Holocaust, Digital Humanities and Cultural History. USA: Northwestern University Press.
- Cole, T., & Giordano, A. (2021). Geographies of rescue: Spatial patterns and social geographies of Jewish rescue in Budapest, 1944. Journal of Historical Geography, 71(January 2021), 63–72.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State University Alumni Association. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 Alpha Chi Favorite Professor, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. November 18, 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Fulbright Specialist Program, Lithuania, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. April 27, 2019 - May 11, 2019
- Giordano, Alberto (Principal), Cole, Tim (Principal). The Experience of Hungarian Jews in Budapest during and immediately after the Holocaust, Toni Schiff Memorial Fund, London, UK, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $70000. (Funded: 2017 - 2022). Grant.
- Giordano, Alberto (Co-Principal), Knowles, Anne (Principal). Visualizing Spatial Experience in Holocaust Testimony, National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), Federal, $296455. (Funded: 2016 - 2018). Grant.
- Giordano, Alberto (Principal), Knowles, Anne (Principal). Collaborative Research: Holocaust Historical GIS, National Science Foundation, Federal, $453066. (Funded: 2008 - 2012). Grant.
- Verbickienė, Jurgita (Principal), Giordano, Alberto (Co-Principal). LDK pasienio su Prūsija infrastruktūra. Jos socialinės aplinkos ir ekonominio efektyvumo tyrimas (XVIII a. antra pusė) (The infrastructure of the GDL border with Prussia: a study of social environment and economic efficiency in the second half of the 18th century), Lithuanian Research Council, Lithuanian Research Council, $176873.74. (Submitted: September 13, 2020, Funded: 2021 - 2024). Grant.
- Giordano, Alberto. Travel grant to attend the ICC Conference in Tokyo, Japan, US National Committee for the International Cartographic Association, Federal, $1200. (Funded: March 15, 2019 - July 2019). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Center for Advanced Genocide Research, Shoah Foundation, University of Southern California
University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS)
June 2018-June 2019
Department of Geography
September 1, 2013-August 31, 2018
Editorial Review Board Member
Bollettino dell Societa' Geografica Italiana (Bulletin of the Italian Geographical Society)
Forensic Border Coalition