Faculty Profile for Dr. Cecil O Renick
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., Osborne, R., Renick, O., & Sen, K. (2022). Assessing the effectiveness of intergenerational virtual service-learning on loneliness and ageism: A pre-post study. Healthcare, 10(5), 1–10. https://doi.org/doi: 10.3390/healthcare10050893
- Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., Renick, O., & Osborne, R. (2022). Intergenerational service learning: A way to increase cultural competency and decrease ageism. Journal of Health Administration Education, 38(3-Fall 2021), 785–808.
- Renick, C. O. (2021). Volunteers on Wheels. Kansas City, MO, United States: Shepherd’s Centers of America. Retrieved from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Renick, C. O. (2021). Medical Volunteers on Wheels. Kansas City, MO, United States: Shepherd’s Centers of America. Retrieved from email@example.com
- Renick, C. O. (2020, June 14). Who is your Neighbor? The Daily Record, p. 3B.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Faculty Excellence Award in Service, College of Health Professins. March 15, 2020 - August 21, 2020
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Service, School of Health Administration. 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: Excellence in Teaching, School of Health Administration. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: President Emeritus, National Volunteer Caregiving Network. 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award/Excellence in Service, College of Health Professions. August 2016 - September 2017
- Fulton, Lawrence V (Principal), Biediger-Friedman, Lesli M (Co-Principal), Qasem, Apan Muhammad (Co-Principal), Villagran, Melinda Morris (Co-Principal), Renick, Cecil O (Co-Principal), Mileski, Michael (Supporting), Ramamonjiarivelo, Zo H (Supporting), Sen, Keya (Co-Principal), Mendez, Francis A (Supporting), Charles, Joni S J (Supporting), Perez, Eduardo (Supporting), Shanmugam, Ram (Supporting), Stigler Granados, Paula Elaine (Supporting), Hwang, Sangchul Scott (Supporting). Nutrition for Underserved Elderly via Application (NUEVA), DHHS (Administration for Community Living, acl.gov), Federal, $3000000. (Submitted: March 10, 2022, Funded: August 2022 - August 2027). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O. Volunteer Caregiving Transportation Program for Hays County, Mary Bonner Community Needs Program, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $10000. (Funded: 2014). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O (Principal), Scarbrough, A (Co-Principal). Identifying Predictors & Determinants of Post- Disaster Resilience in the Elderly Living in the Gulf Coast: Building a Blueprint for a Culture of Resilience, Natural Hazards Center, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $2000. (Funded: 2010). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O. Service-Learning Initiative, Texas State Student Service Fee Committee, Texas State University. (Funded: 2004). Grant.
- Renick, Cecil O. Safe at Home: An Intergenerational Safety Net, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Municipal, $35000. (Funded: 2000). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Shepherd's Centers of America Leadership Council
January 7, 2019-Present
Health and Wellness Committee
September 1, 2017-Present
Reviewer / Referee
American Society on Aging, Aging in America Conference
June 1, 2017-Present
MAP med-rides non-emergency medical transportation program
January 1, 2017-Present
National Volunteer Caregiving Network
October 1, 2016-Present