Faculty Profile for Dr. Alexander John McLeod Jr.
Biography and EducationAlexander McLeod is an Associate Professor and Department Chair at Texas State University in the Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Methods Department. He received his PhD. in Information Technology from the University of Texas at San Antonio. Research interests include healthcare information systems, cyber security, cyber analytics, and ethics. He has published in the Business Process Management Journal, Communications of the Association of Information Systems, CPA Journal, Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, Decision Support Systems, Educational Perspectives in Health Informatics and Information Management, Fraud, Information Systems Frontiers, International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, International Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Business Information Systems, International Journal of Electronic Healthcare, International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics, Journal of Accounting Education, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Information Privacy and Security, Journal of Information Science and Technology, Journal of Information Systems Education, Perspectives in Health Information Management.
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Young, D. K., Carpenter, D., & McLeod, A. J. (2022). Examining the Influence of Occupational Characteristics, Gender, and Work-Life Balance on IT Professionals’ Occupational Satisfaction and Occupational Commitment. Information Technology & People. Retrieved from https://www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com/
- Fulton, L. V., McLeod, A. J., Dolezel, D. M., Bastian, N., & Fulton, C. (2021). Deep Vision for Breast Cancer Classification and Segmentation. Cancers, 13(21), 5384.
- McLeod, A. J., & Dolezel, D. M. (2021). Security Policy Non-Compliance: Can Capitulation Theory Explain User Behaviors? Computers & Security. Retrieved from https://www.journals.elsevier.com/computers-and-security
- Hewitt, B., Walz, D., & McLeod, A. J. (2020). The Effect of Conflict and Knowledge Sharing on the Performance of Information Technology Project Teams. International Journal of Knowledge Management, 16(1). https://doi.org/10.4018/IJKM.2020010101
- Carpenter, D., Young, D., Barrett, P., & McLeod, A. (2019). Refining Technology Threat Avoidance Theory. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 44.
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2021 Association for Information Systems Distinguished Member, Association for Information Systems. December 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2022 Best Paper Award, Green Cities Conference. March 2022
- Award / Honor Recipient: 2020 Favorite Professor Award, Alpha Chi National Honor Society. May 2020
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2018 AMCIS Special Interest Group in Health Best Paper Award, AMCIS SIGHEALTH. 2018
- Award / Honor Nominee: 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award, College of Health Professions. 2018
- Hewitt, Barbara (Principal), McLeod, Alexander (Co-Principal). Testing Technology Facilitation Theory: An Empirical Study, Texas State University, Institutional (Higher Ed), $13120. (Submitted: December 1, 2015, Funded: January 1, 2016 - May 31, 2017). Grant.
- McLeod, Alexander (Co-Principal), Carpenter, Darrell (Co-Principal), Clark, Jan Guynes (Principal). The Integration of Biometric Technologies with Information Systems, National Institute of Standards & Technology, Bureau of Fire Research Laboratories, Private / Foundation / Corporate, $95000. (Funded: 2007). Grant.
- McLeod, Alexander John (Principal). The UTSA IC CAE Critical Technology Studies Program, Defense Intelligence Agency, Federal, $13876. (Submitted: July 3, 2018, Funded: September 8, 2020 - September 27, 2021). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
McCoy College Foundation
Reviewer / Referee
Computers & Security Journal
Computer Information Systems & Quantitative Methods Department
Office of Distance Education and Learning Advisory Board
Graduate Council Scholarship Committee
September 1, 2015-Present