Faculty Profile for Dr. Jennifer Lynn Teal
Dr. Jennifer Lynn Teal
Lecturer — Dept of Health Information Management
phone: (512) 245-8242
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Teal, J. L. (2012). Toward a Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record: The Department of Veterans Affairs Experience with the Nationwide Health Information Network.
- Foley, T., Gillen, Z., & Teal, J. L. (2011). Health Information Exchange – Our Successes and Challenges with the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record. In AHIMA Convention.
- Teal, J. L. (2011). HIE Management and Operational Considerations. Journal of AHIMA, 82, 56–61.
- Teal, J. L. (2008). Enterprise Content and Record Management for Healthcare. Journal of AHIMA, 79, 91–98.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Member Phi Kappa Phi, Honor Society Phi Kappa Phi. December 2019 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Jayne Iron Dissertation of the Year Doctoral Studies, Lamar University. 2020
- Award / Honor Recipient: Teaching Award of Honor, Texas State Alumni Association. 2020
Selected Service Activities
Texas Health Information Management Association
Action Community for e-HIM Excellence (ACE)
American Health Information Management Association
February 22, 2002-Present
American Academy of Professional Coders
AHIMA CSA HIM Awareness Coordinator