Faculty Profile for Dr. Tiankai Wang
Dr. Tiankai Wang
Professor — Dept of Health Information Management
phone: (512) 716-2848
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- Lieneck, C. H., Wang, T., Gibbs, D. L., Russian, C. J., Ramamonjiarivelo, Z. H., & Ari, A. (2022). Interprofessional Education and Research in the Health Professions: A Systematic Review and Supplementary Topic Modeling. Education Sciences, 12(12). https://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/educsci12120850
- Huston, R., Wang, Y., & Wang, T. (n.d.). How do Firms Respond to a Non-Income Tax? The Interplay between Non-Income Taxes and Income Tax Avoidance. Accounting Horizons. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.2308/HORIZONS-2021-069
- Wang, Y., Wang, T., & Cook, K. (2021). Health Information Technology Investments, Patient Experience, and Bad Debt. Journal of Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting, 10(1), 175–198.
- Wang, T., & Gibbs, D. L. (2019). A framework for performance comparison among major EHR systems. Perspectives in Health Information Management, Fall(2019), 1–11. Retrieved from https://perspectives.ahima.org/a-framework-for-performance-comparison-among-major-electronic-health-record-systems/
- Wang, T., Wang, Y., & McLeod, A. J. (2018). Do investments in health information technology impact hospital financial performance? International Journal of Accounting Information Systems, 28, 1–13.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Award for Excellence in Online Teaching, Texas State University. January 11, 2022
- Award / Honor Nominee: Award for Excellence in Online Teaching, Texas State University. June 20, 2020 - May 15, 2021
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly / Creative Activities, College of Health Professions, Texas State University. January 1, 2018 - December 1, 2018
- Award / Honor Recipient: Presidential Distinction Award for Excellence in Scholarly / Creative Activities, College of Health Professions, Texas State University. January 1, 2017 - December 1, 2017
- Award / Honor Nominee: Award for Excellence in Online Teaching, Texas State University. January 20, 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Wang, Tiankai. “Traffic Congestion and Asthma-related Hospital Visits” and “Neighborhood Walkability and Cardiometabolic Disease”, Department of Transportation, Federal, $1040000. (Funded: 2023 - 2028). Grant.
- Biedermann, Sue (Principal), Wang, Tiankai (Co-Principal). Technical and Occupational Preparation for Health Information Technology (TOP HIT), Minority Health Research and Education, State, $284045. (Submitted: September 1, 2012, Funded: September 1, 2012 - August 30, 2014). Grant.
- Wang, Tiankai (Principal). How to Use a Decision Tree, Institutional (Higher Ed). (Submitted: October 1, 2010, Funded: October 1, 2010 - December 1, 2010). Grant.
- Wang, Tiankai (Principal). Health Information Technology Application in Long Term Care: Pilot Study in Southwest Texas, Texas Long Term Care Institute, Institutional (Higher Ed), $10000. (Submitted: August 1, 2010, Funded: August 1, 2010 - August 1, 2011). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
General Education Council
Sue Biedermann Scholarship Review Committee
December 7, 2017-Present
Faculty Development and Research Committee
HIM Department Personnel Committee
College Review Group