Faculty Profile for Dr. Hongchi Shi
Research InterestsParallel and distributed computing, wireless sensor networks, image processing, neural networks
Selected Scholarly/Creative Work
- DeWitt, J., & Shi, H. (2017). Barrier Coverage in Energy Harvesting Sensor Networks. Ad Hoc Networks, 56(2017), 72–83. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2016.11.014
- Burtscher, M., Peng, W., Qasem, A., Shi, H., Tamir, D., & Thiry, H. (2015). A Module-based Approach to Adopting the 2013 ACM Curricular Recommendations on Parallel Computing.
- Park, T., & Shi, H. (2015). Extending the Lifetime of Barrier Coverage by Adding Sensors to a Bottleneck Region.
- Lee, D. M., Jung, M. K., Choi, C. Y., & Shi, H. (2014). Localization of Sound Sources in Underground Parking Lots. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/826750
- DeWitt, J., Patt, S., & Shi, H. (2014). Maximizing Continuous Barrier Coverage in Energy Harvesting Sensor Networks.
- Award / Honor Recipient: Senior Member of IEEE (elected in 1999). 1999 - Present
- Award / Honor Recipient: Plague of Appreciation (GlobeCom 2012 Student Travel Grant Chair), IEEE Communications Society. 2012
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Appreciation (ICC 2010 Symposium Co-Chair), IEEE Communications Society. 2010
- Award / Honor Recipient: Certificate of Appreciation (ICC 2009 Symposium Co-Chair), IEEE Communications Society. 2009
- Award / Honor Recipient: Appreciation of Excellent Service as Director of Graduate Studies, MU CS Department. 2007
- Metsis, Vangelis (Principal), Ngu, Hee Hiong (Co-Principal), Gao, Ju (Co-Principal), Shi, Hongchi (Co-Principal), Guirguis, Mina S (Co-Principal), Gu, Qijun (Co-Principal). Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN), U.S. Department of Education, Federal, $728150. (Submitted: February 2021, Funded: October 1, 2021 - September 30, 2024). Grant.
- Shi, Hongchi, Qasem, Apan Muhammad, Seaman, Jill M. Data Collection for Inclusive Computing, Center for Inclusive Computing, Northeastern University. (Funded: February 1, 2021 - Present). Grant.
- Shi, Hongchi (Co-Principal). CC*IIE Networking Infrastructure: Enabling and Improving Data-driven Research at Texas State University, National Science Foundation, $499896. (Funded: October 2014 - September 2017). Grant.
- Chen, Xiao (Principal), Shi, Hongchi (Principal), Sun, Shuying (Supporting). NSF Infrastructure grant -- NSF CC*IIE Networking Infrastructure: Enabling and Improving Data - Driven Research at Texas State University, Federal, $499896. (Funded: August 19, 2014 - August 18, 2016). Grant.
- Shi, Hongchi (Co-Principal). Research on Cognitive Communications for Marine Dynamic-spectrum Wireless Networks, National Natural Science Foundation of China, $150000. (Funded: January 2014 - December 2014). Grant.
Selected Service Activities
Texas State Campus Information Resource Advisory Council (CIRCA)
Editorial Review Board Member
International Journal of Handheld Computing Research
Editorial Review Board Member
International Journal of Advanced Intelligence
Texas State Council of Chairs
Texas State CS Department Chair